Anyone any suggestions as to where to buy a mirror for the Boat

Hylander

Most glass suppliers will stock mirror in various thicknesses, they will cut, polish the edges and drill holes for you if you want something custom to fit a space, best to make a pattern and take it to them. my nearest would be World Glass in North Walsham but most towns/cities have a glass supplier.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you get a mirror specifically for a bathroom they will cope with the damp no problem. In addition to that, B&Q sell mirror fixing adhesive (normally with the tubes of silicon etc) which we used to fix a large mirror in our forward cabin. It is very good and is fine in damp conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just got to tell you that in the end we went to a local company Wensum Glass in Norwich and they made a bespoke mirror for us , in fact gave us advice as to placing a mirror on board a boat and they made the mirror accordingly.     Hubby went and picked it up from Wensum,(01603 411965)  they are on the Reepham Road,   plenty of parking available.   They guys there were even more helpful and gave us some sticky pads as well as all the screw fittings that we had ordered.    Job done in 4 days from order.     The best bit a lot,yes a lot cheaper than some we had seen.

I wouldn't ever use adhesive to attach a mirror to a wall. It would make removing it remarkably dangerous and difficult and there are many reasons why you might want to remove it in future, not least of off all cleaning as the gaps behind mirrors, especially in damp places are fantastic sources for mould and fungal growth.

Yes you are quite right Andy.     We have proper fittings but the guys just gave hubby the sticky tabs in case he needed them but I doubt it.     Mould is bad enough to contend with after the winter months that is obvious and easy to get to let alone something lurking behind a mirror uggh!!.