Bosun booked for Fathers Day

Brian

Booked Bosun from Ferry Marina Yesterday as a Fathers day gift to me :)

Of course the rest of the family are welcome to come along as well :)

I thought of a change as we normally hire Skipper.

Wanted to try the Bath Tub experience ;)

Far more practical in this weather.

fdbf399d6281bae638f5823938cb9be3n.jpg

When you get back can you let us know what facilities are on board this day boat please.    I know that Ludham Bridge's equivalent day boats are furnished to high level with everything you should need and I mean everything for a very reasonable price.   

Hello Hylander,

I hired one of the similar craft at Wroxham early last year so we could go through Wroxham Bridge.

They can seat 8, a spotless toilet, cooking and washing facilities, loads of crockery etc. The sliding roof on both sides is a bonus and the door on the back of the boat for stern mooring.

I thought they were very good.

Regards

Alan

smiley-happy005.gif hi brian we hired a similar one from george smiths of wroxham , it was sbout £100 for 3 people , it's probably the same one you're talking about is'nt it alan ?,anyway , to all fathers out there, happy fathers day ,smiley-vault-character-295.gif lori xx

The family hired one of those Skippers from WRC about 3 years ago.   My god it was absolutely rank.  It was green, we had to clean the windows to see out.   There wasn't a cup, spoon or anything on board.   The little portable gas stove had been removed.   The seats were piled up inside and were as green as the rest of the place.     Because we had hired it and people had come a long way to visit, we continued but told them in no uncertain terms that we wanted to change boats which we did.   This did have a gas stove of sorts, a kettle and plastic cups.   Now with that I had to serve soup I had made and brought from home,and hot dogs with all of the trimmings.   Good job I had seen sense to bring my own saucepan.    It was the October half term.    I think the price was £130 for the day.    I remember we had no can opener and got a screw driver as I have seen done on here before (not to be advised), we found an old bit of plastic from somewhere to use as a spoon to stir our cups of tea.     The family did get about £30 back as compensation but really and truly it should never have been hired out in the first place.    You live and learn.

Now you can see why I ask what was it like and can you tell us when you get back.  Thank you.   The Bosun sounds a better boat altogether.

Had a great day on Slipper ! The Bosuns don't have a 12v Supply for a fridge ! So we jumped ship :) weather was fantastic for the skipper We hired a skipper last year, a great hire craft :) We started the day with a full English at ferry marina cafe post-3-13714051271_thumb.jpg More soon .....

The cafe was great, very modern inside, great .coffee and great food:) It was so nice sitting outside next to very expensive boats At 9.45 we drove over to the ferry marina hire office, we had booked bosun because the weather is all over the place. We all boarded with tonnes of food in the waeco fridge, but there was no plug in 12v power for it :( the staff said we could take a skipper as they have 12v , we we jumped ship into a skipper. My favourite day boat on the broads. It's better for sunny days , which we had today So all loaded, after a talk with the very nice lady, we departed and headed to the broads Capital ... Wroxham ! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-3-137140810778_thumb.jpg First stop ... Ice cream man post-3-137140815908_thumb.jpg After a 99 flake with toffee and vanilla ice cream we headed to the Capital ... Very busy indeed, we did the traditional u turn at the bridge and went back to Salhouse broad for a picnic post-3-137140829529_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Great boat to relax on post-3-137140859158_thumb.jpg Then we saw something !!! post-3-137140864231_thumb.jpg River Police !! After backing off the throttle by about 200 rpm (yes) lol and settling back down in the water from the plain , we pulled faces ;)post-3-137140875459_thumb.jpg We love the Norfolk broads Ferry marina hire boats come highly recommended by me, I know they may be slightly more expensive than others , but they are modern and very clean