Royall Swan

Broads01

Thanks Simon for the link.  I suppose the nearest comparable craft are the larger 2 berth Swancraft. Considering she is a new build, on the large side for two and based on the Northern Broads which seems to attract a slightly higher hire rate I thought she was priced rather reasonably. Add to that the standard of presentation you get at any point in the season from Royalls then I'm sure it will be a big success for them. At least I hope so, these small yards give a type of service only possible by the very fact that they are small. Unfortunately because of their size they are more susceptible to the economics of the hire boat / leisure industry but the Broads would not be the same without them.

Fred

Although I have never hired from them they showed me over their Royal Velvet, while having a pumpout. Beautifully maintained but I thought at the time a little twee and I did not like the orange livery! Like to start in the South but If starting on the North side I think I would consider but first choice would be Summercraft.

Fred

I went past Royalls boatyard a couple of weeks ago and spotted the new build over at their shed. Took a photo but got glared at by the staff!

I did hire Royall Velvet 2 from Royalls a few years ago when they used to hire in winter. I must say I was very impressed both with the level of service and the quality of the boats. I am a regular with Swancraft but if I ever needed an alternative, Royalls would certainly be at the top of my list.

Fred mentioned Swancraft who I do hire from regularly and have done so for many years. Recently we have been hiring Swan Radiance in December which is designed as a luxury 2 berth. We have found it very warm and comfortable and good to handle. I think if that is the market Royalls are aiming at they should have a winner.

post-38-0-91035900-1371911175_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-61360600-1371911190_thumb.jpg

It looks very similar on paper and in the few build photos to Royall Satin that they built 20 years ago.

Does anyone know much on what the updates/differences will be?

Good to see a totally new boat from them again

Dan

I meant to post this in Hire Boat Discussion - would one of the moderators be able to move it please?

Kadensa = I'm interested to know why you wouldn't hire from Royalls again. I've only been with them once and thought they were excellent and I know they have a very strong following of regular customers.

Dan - yes I thought of Royall Satin as well. Maybe luxury 2 berths is where its at. Worth noting one of the Velvets is making way for the new boat so no increase in fleet overall.