Just opened up at Womack Staithe Ludham

Hi there everyone

My wife and I have just opened up a small angling shop at Womack Staithe at Ludham we are not yet quite in the same league as  Lathams or Angling Direct but we will be stocking Bait, Terminal tackle, and other angling essentials  We are also hiring out Rods, Pedalos and  rowing boats for anglers.

In addition to the Angling services we provide we are also offering Boaters a Pump out service  and a boat Cleaning / Valeting Service by prior appointment. We are also looking into stocking boating essentials like gas and certain consumables such as water/pumpout/fuel keys and such things

Were open 7 Days a week offering a friendly service from 8:30 am to 6 pm so if you're in the area please feel free to pop in we  would be delighted to help you.

Here's to a great summer with lots of sunshine

Dave and Shelagh

• Like 2

Hello Dave & Shelagh,

Welcome to the forum.

I am glad to hear that the shop & facilities are again open at the Womak staithe. 

I wish you well with your business, I always thought in the right hands that this location may do very well, not only are the boats there during the season but lots of people turn up in their cars just to look at the boats and the wildlife.

Maybe a small scale café might help your business?

Regards

Alan

It's a challenging time to be setting up a business, especially one so reliant on the tourist trade which is so shallow this year up to now. 

Those pedalos you have should create some interest on a sunny day as the sheltered waters of Womack are just perfect for vessels such as these.

You're in a great location with a lot of footfall and I wish you every success.

Although we are based down South it is good to know when we do venture back up North that you are there for us.    A much needed service.   Well done and a big welcome to the forum from me as well.       Your hire out service for rods etc will be most handy for any land based holiday maker as well.

Thankyou for your welcomes and kind remarks.

Regarding the suggestion about a cafe There is a gift shop right next to us and Jackie who runs it already has Coffee and Tea facilities and some picnic benches set up on the waterfront outside.

It was very pleasant out there today when the sun got out.

Hi Dave, I met you in your new shop, it's looking good!

How's about some details re the valeting service?

Oh and one small point, Those maggots I bought from you didn't catch any fish!! Was I supposed to put them on hooks or something? I thought they'd do that themselves while I was in the pub! :-)

Very best wishes for the future.

Hi Dave, welcome from me too. I met you last Monday when we moored Kingfisher on the end of the staithe, and YES, i did forget to call in the next morning to get some maggotts. It`s good to hear someone has the courage and tenacity to start up a new buisness venture in the tricky times, so i hope you have a successful year, and will no doubt by some maggots from you next year.

Regards and best wishes ..................... Neil.

I will be down mid Sept so will pop in and get a couple or 3 pints instead of going to Lathams(share the wealth) I am also coming down end of Sept with my brother so will see about coming in then also. We will need a few pints as its a boys fishing trip so will see you about ordering a few pints then. Best of luck with the new venture

Once again thankyou all for your well wishes and kind remarks  it was great to meet some of you over the last few weeks. Business is steadily increasing and we are looking at ways to diversify our range of products and services to both anglers and the boating community alike.

regards

Dave 

• Like 1

Hi Dave and welcome.   Is there any chance of stocking a few castors as well?  If you can manage to undercut Lathams prices then you should do well......lots of fishing done on the Thurne ! Will pop in and see you when we are down there in a couple of months time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave 

Best of luck with your venture. I had an aunt who lived at ludham and spent many happy hours on Womack water i used to borrow a boat from P.H. and row around the island (is the remains of the wherry the lord Roberts still there?) so it is good to see somebody putting life back into an area which could so very easily become just another place to moor for the night and nothing to do.

Again best of luck

G.G.

• Like 1

Good luck with your new venture Dave, Womack is one of my favourite places when I can find a mooring there, I thought I'd heard it mentioned somewhere that the gift shop had closed down so maybe Drinks and snacks could be on your menu,,,

Frank,,,,

Prior to this thread being resurrected yesterday, the last reply from the proprietor of the new Angling shop at Womack was last July.

Hopefully that may just mean that Dave (Fishfinder) just hasn't visited this forum since.

I'm confused now then Frank, (not a new sensation for me though :) )

Does that mean that the Angling shop is still doing ok ?

(On the basis that I thought it was separate from the Gift shop)

Not Sure Strow! from the first few post it sounds like they are separate as someone mentioned refreshments and Dave said the gift shop does them! I havn't heard anything about the Angling shop, but it would be nice if they had something there, I hate being negative but I think it may be a struggle to keep a business going there, I've seen quite a few come and go at Womack over the years, it's a bit off track there and totally dependant on seasonal trade, it may help that they intend to do pump outs and stuff, but most of the foot traffic and cars are usually locals, even fishermen normally come through Potter, Ludham and Wroxham, and there are three good Tackle shops there, I wish them all the best and really hope they make a success of it,,, 

Frank,,,,

My parents used to have their boat moored there 40 years ago and spent many holidays in my younger years there....then i took the mooring over for my first boat around 20 years later.

There was no shop just a boat shed, a slip way and a little office for the owner who was Tom Murray.

Good old days.