Laundrette at Richardsons

Hi Everyone, 

Just to let you all know that we have now opened our coin op laundrette on the boatyard at Stalham,

You can even grab a cup of tea and bacon roll while you wait.. :dance

open to everyone, 8am - 5pm. 

• Like 2

Good idea Clive. I can’t think of too many laundrette facilities near the rivers. There used to be one at Horning Marina which I think has gone now and there used to be a washing machine and tumbler at Oulton Broad Yacht Station, again not sure if they are still there.

I'm sure that it will be a very popular facility. :smile:

Hello Harward,

Yes they still have the facilities at the Oulton Broad Yacht Station and also in the toilets at the Beccles Yacht Station is a similar arrangement. I am sure that the Yacht stations at Norwich and Yarmouth will also have facilities.

It is a while since we have moored at the Waverley River Centre but I think they also had at least tumble dryers.

When we used to moor at the Ferry Marina we used the old laundrette, toilet & shower. The equipement in the laundrette was very old and tended to be broken at times.

Regards

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Clive, any Idea what coins your machines take please, or do we buy a token from the office?

Nothing worse than having to scratch around for the right change when trying to use such facilities, we like to come well prepared.

We are due to spend most of August in Norfolk, and the use of a good laundry will cut out the need to bring so many clothes with us.

Thanks,

Julz

Wash is £3

dry is £1,  we are making the dry cycle a little longer as we had not reckoned in the cool down bit and it was mentioned a couple of times, so it this affected you then all is now well!

John, I an still thinking but there is bound to be something!

• 8 years later...