Tourism bosses celebrate dramatic upsurge in trade

jillR

I was speaking to the owner of an independent yard while having a pump-out. He said it was too late to salvage this years season but his advance bookings for 2014 are well up on this years. Lets hope that continues.

Well this is great news, but how true is it? 30% is a really massive figure. I booked a family sized boat for August just this week and the availability choice from a number of places suprised me, so this 30% does not sit right with the feel of other years to me very much? Dan

Well this is great news, but how true is it?30% is a really massive figure.I booked a family sized boat for August just this week and the availability choice from a number of places suprised me, so this 30% does not sit right with the feel of other years to me very much?Dan

Indeed. It really depends on who many bookings were made last year in the run up to the Olympics......

It is good news to all of the businesses on the Norfolk Broads.

The 30% rise is hardly surprising when taking into account that the bookings were so bad last year. It was cold and wet for most of the spring and summer was not much better.

Because of the situation regarding the weather and the financial climate more people are leaving it late to book.

Regards

Alan

The truth is that you would expect a surge of bookings at this time of year anyway. It always happens. Comparing with the catastropic 2012 season is going to skew things too, which is partly why 30% looks big.

It has picked up lately, but it's only dragging it to a point that we would expect to be at for summer holiday bookings and into September and October.