norfolk broads direct

loribear

They`ve probably been "encouraged" to build all sedans by the BA from now on so they CAN`T get under the bridges, therefore that`s less traffic above Potter, Wroxham and Wayford, meaning they will have the excuse "lack of use" when they close the upper stretches. Or is that just me being scynical again?.

Regards to all ......................... Neil.

• Like 1

Neil,

The BA don't have any input into what we build other than the beam and LOA.  they cant manage to get their own boats built as they hoped.

we built Far horizon as we like it and it appears the hirers do too although it is not for everyone.

Broadlander is not for everyone either but it can pass under bridges.

The next design boat we are building is a high line boat, again it will not be for everyone but as will all of them I am sure I will like it!

• Like 2

Here you are Alan..

http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/forum/index.php/topic/3734-richardsons-45-flybridge/page-1

it wont be on the water until late 2014 if we are lucky but will be available for hire in 2015.

the new single level 38footer (Broadway) should be available early next year  as will 4 more 'Broadsman' one of which will be Moon Voyager 2.

sorry about the thread drift.. :pirate

• Like 2

Neil,

The BA don't have any input into what we build other than the beam and LOA.  they cant manage to get their own boats built as they hoped.

we built Far horizon as we like it and it appears the hirers do too although it is not for everyone.

Broadlander is not for everyone either but it can pass under bridges.

The next design boat we are building is a high line boat, again it will not be for everyone but as will all of them I am sure I will like it!

Hi Clive, it was a bit tongue in cheek, tinged with a hint of cynisism, but seeing as one of the fleets (not yours) has a director on the BA navigaion committee, and they seem to be building an ever increasing number of sedan and flying bridge designs, it does make my vivid immagination wonder.

It`s good to see you`re building a modern fleet incorperating ALL variations of cruisers, as that`s what is really needed, a good balance.

Having said that, i still think the sedans and flying bridge boats would be far better suited to the southern rivers, so is`nt it time you relocate your high tops to a southern yard?.  ................ Where have all the winking and machevious smileys gone?.

What are you posting from, Neil?

Hi Jonzo, i`m always posting from a PC, as i don`t have any of those new fangled modern gizmos. I have to admit to being a bit of a luddite i`m afraid, and modern technology scares me. Where`s the LAUGHING smiley gone too?.

• Like 1