holidaymaker and his son escape after plunging into the River Bure

thirdmate

I would guess it was a choice between a stock photo of SoB or a stock photo of the bridge heading the article. I would imagine the folks on the scene were too busy saving lives to bother about taking photos.

All credit to the crew of the hire boat, though. We could, so easily, have been reading about another tragedy instead of a rescue. Good work by the Coastguard and SoB as well.

Good action by the crew, they should be very proud of themselves. I just hope the memory of the incident does not cloud the rest of their holiday as I'm sure it must have been traumatic for themselves as well. 

Fred

As you say Fred, a fine action from the hire craft. I suppose it may have some traumatic aspects for them but I suspect that the adrenalin at the time and the "feel good" factor will overcome  those.

The incident has given me an idea. I know this forum does give awards for some things, and the .org forum gives lots of them, but what about an award for "Outstanding behaviour during an incident on the broads"

It needs a rather less cumbersome title, but some recognition from broads minded people showing approval for action above that which would normally be expected.

• Like 3

The incident has given me an idea. I know this forum does give awards for some things, and the .org forum gives lots of them, but what about an award for "Outstanding behaviour during an incident on the broads"

It needs a rather less cumbersome title, but some recognition from broads minded people showing approval for action above that which would normally be expected.

That's a good idea, I think, JTF. Perhaps a new topic (In Members ?) to sound out opinions?