...let the bountyness begin...

Dan

Hi Folks

I thought I would share with you all a picture of theboat i've booked for our next Broadland trip, albeit a few months off, a Bounty 44, and see if it made anyone else break into a big grin?!!

Can't wait!

Dan

post-93-136713402459_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those flat topped forward drive cruisers are not really my style Dan, though you can't beat them for practical use of space and comfortable living etc. I am sure Bounty made some other types of cruiser including some rear cockpit jobbies.

It seems there are a heck of a lot of boat builder that are no longer around and a good number of those that are have moved away from small boats into the luxury yacht market (e.g. Fairline and Princess). Seems a shame but there you go - perhaps it says something that those that have moved away from the small boats have generally survived whereas those that didn't have mostly disappeared.

Hi Simon

Very true. Bounty did make a wide range, one of my favourites being their "Traveller" model - the 34ft Sedan. I honestly am not sure why they closed, I'd be interested if anyone had an opinion as I'm pretty sure it was not due to lack of performance/sales, so I guess its more to do with bad business/management which is a great shame.

These floating caravans are not my favourite either (despite having a great interest in them), but we often choose them for the reason you state - they can't be beaten for comfortable spacious living - ideal in this case with lots of different couples plus child, and the forward well means that those wishing to fish can do so easily.... never has a design met its design brief so closely I think! I can see me booking one again next year to help our ageing pooch plod about easily with their single level design.

Not sure I'd be buying this style though but great holiday boats, especially for those not really there for the boat part of the holiday.....

All the best

Dan

Yes I think the comfort and practicality goes a long way when you're hiring a boat for a holiday, especially if you have a number of different parties with differing requirements to service.

When hiring we tended to favour the centre cockpit design and hired (amongst others) an Alpha 35, two successive Alpha 42's and finally an Aquafibre 44. Two key areas which fed into those choices were good all round visibility for driving and parking as well as more of the same when out on the river. The higher seating allows for a much better view I feel. The downside of course is that the accommodation is cut in half and the sliding wheelhouse roofs are often not very weather proof. The Aquafibre 44 (San Elena from Richardsons) addressed this by having very weather proof canvas covers which stretched tight over the front and rear of the wheelhouse. A pity a few of the other yards had not thought of this as it proved a bonus on many levels.

Hi Dan i know what you mean with the bounty traveler as most sedans catch my eyes i tend to drule on what could be if my lotto numbers came in. :-D :-D

bounty's yard is still going alltho the boat building side is not the yard is now used for private use and the fella who owns it now with the nice porche might be the ower who sold up.

shame we don't know more

A few families really!! Two couples, 1 child and two singletons..... it's not impossible the current two spare berths will get filled yet!

Me and my friends booked a weekend in 2005 and since then they've wanted to go every year, the last two years we've had another friend come and now another this year.

Admittedly we are all very good friends, but I really love how everyone loves it as boating is such a big part of me it's nice to share it with them, we really do have a great time!

We've booked an even bigger monster next year - eleven of us out on Fair Empress, my first time with Faircraft Loynes!

Dan

P.S. You see... it isn't always Richardsons! :?

We where out on Fair Empress for Easter.. mind you there only 7 on.. we love the spare space.. the seating gets a bit cramped and not so relaxing ! We have also gone from Faircraft Lloynes too many times to mention, we decided at Easter though that it might be the last with them, we are looking at the smaller yards with a more personnel service, we have been on the countess a few times ( it is the smaller version of Empress) Nice boat we enjoyed it ( mind you we always do) no matter what the boat is like. We had one once from Richardsons Ugh ! never again, we took it back as the sewerage was leaking out into one of the bedrooms, they changed the boat and this one was full of bluebottles, fishermen had been on before and dropped the maggots !! Any body heard about the change of ownership at faircraft Lloynes ?

The travellers have always looked good, but yours has to be one of the best-looking ones there is!

yer i would agree with you there Jonzo realy nice Sedan you could live on and have loads of comfort i do like the cockpit design

_Melody%204%20263H%20Mar06.jpg

Wish the inside of mine looked as good as that Jonny :oops:

don't suppose you remember me sat on the stern of Inca at the southern meet last year when i seen the cockpit/saloon from the stern it looked immaculate. o yer the boat hardly moved when i woddled on :-D so i think she must have some weight behind her

I think Jimbo gets the quantity not quality award for his fenders though - lots and lots of tiddlers! :lol:

yer not the best type of fender i must admit maybe he feels the same but thinks when one goes il replace it like we all do :-D

Guest JoeReu

Oooh nice. When you mentioned it last time I went for a look, but no pic was available. I am jealous! :mrgreen:

No doubt you have some pics of the inside when you get back. I love that you take pics of hire boats... I for one am obsessed with finding pics of my boat. Must be a woman thing. C'mon women! Stick up for me here! lol