Dan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Jimbo,

Ever since we hired M501 back in 88, I always find myself picking out Bounty 34's when out and about, particularly the "Kermit green" ones. I liked the space on board these boats, nothing cramped about them at all and very well laid out internally plus a good sized lazerette as well.

Have you ever researched the Bounty history Dan? I know there is a Bounty Owners Club website with some info but I'm not sure how up to date it is.

I was discussing the designs of the Falcon and Bounty ranges with an ex Falcon chappie and he told me that Bounty Boats and Falcon were owned by the same people originally. The Bounty 27 and Falcon 27 look identical except the hull isn't a planing type and all of them were built with low power engines. I looked over a Bounty 24 at NYA last year which was identical internally to our Falcon 22 apart from a few slight mods which were introduced on all the later builds.

Hi Jim

I've never directly researched Bounty, but from my website about the Caribbean and my general interest I do seem to have picked up a lot of knowledge on them over the years, and the Bounty site does have some interesting information, and I added some pictures there, though the main content seems to have been unchanged for all the time I've known it, and centres on the 1970's/1980's from what I can tell with little to no info on the later models. Somehow I don't mind this as I guess this is the era of most interest.

I wonder what Bounty's first boat would have looked like if it wasn't a copy/inspired from Wild's Caribbean, crazy to think they may not have even existed or started producing if Frank Wilds had sold them the moulding tools for them to make their own.

Bounty does come up a bit on my Caribbean site http://www.fbwilds.horning.org.uk and my general site http://www.dhorner.horning.org.uk if you were interested or hadn't visited before

Dan

Hi Perry

cheers for the link, looks a fair starting price, wobder what the hull's like.

I was disappointed the link in the description didn't work - I was hoping to find a whole raft of Richardsons boats for sale to drool over?

Wonder why they've put this one on ebay with having so many others - is it the first of a line or is there something wrong with it?!

Dan

I'll see if I can get a bit more information about the early Bounty days next time I'm up at the boat Dan. The guy I was talking to is going to dig out a load of pics for me which should show some interesting history.

A lot of those Bounty 27 models were parts of hire fleets for a while (indeed some may still be) and I know there are a good few pics of them on Craigs site.

cheers

This craft has been out of commision for a number of years, there is no B.S.S and the gas system would need to be checked by a Corgi registered engineer.
from the listing

but it there not using her for hire then why not sell her for a good price

I remember back in 1984 we hired 'Rapier' from Bounty, The yard was so busy in those days with new moulds coming out of the shed all the time. I wrote to them after getting back home from holiday requesting the brochures of the different types of boat they built. You could get anything from a dayboat right up to those great long water buses you see giving trips out on rivers. Shame it all had to end.

Would have never believed back then as a 14 year old that I would own my own Bounty one day...... Happy Days :dance

Jim when looking at her at the meet her hull did look very tough and thick

you see some boats hulls that look so thin how could they stand so much of a beating

They do seem well layed up Jonny, Didn't stop someone smacking a chunk out of one of the rear corners while she was sat on her moorings though two guns Hit and run as well which really pleases me! Another job that needs doing when she comes out of the water this autumn!

Thanks to you for starting this thread Dan as I've finally solved the riddle of why my newly moulded handbasin won't fit!

It was made for a Bounty 245 and the internal layout is very different from the Falcon version. So, if anyone needs a new basin for a Bounty 245.....I'm your man :oops:

If only Jim.....

Seeing that one at 47K I don't even think I could even consider it ;) When Keith King told me back in 1988 how much yours was worth, we just stuck to safety and the northern rivers!