Richardsons New Build Update

Mark42

Have recently completed a week on Broadlander and what an amazing boat. I am a big fan of the Broadsman and did not expect to enjoy the bathtub experience.  It looks great,nearly as good at the broadsman but the Broadlander gives you a different cruising/holiday experience along with the view out of the front door and the seating area at the front, well done Clive.  

I am looking to book a brand new boat for next April, what is likely to be available, maybe Broadsman 6 or 7 or any other boats you have planned to build, an update would be appreciated Clive.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

we are just putting the finishing touches to  ' Moon Discovery' which is basically a 'Carousel' class,  next out of the stables will be three more 'Broadsman', another 'Moon Voyager' and a 38foot version of 'Broadlander' which will be named ' Broadway'

These will all be new on the water for next year.

I am glad you liked the Broadlander, considering there is only one of her I get told by people all the time they have seen her, she is a lovely looking boat.

Hi Minor,

Captain Scarlet makes a fine photo!

we do allow pets on all of the Moonfleet boats, so you would be fine on Moon Discovery.

Well done for sending your photos in there are some lovely shots in the brochure,

Clive,

Thanks for your reply so much to choose from, I think the New Moon Voyager might be the boat for us subject to her being ready mid April ? 

The current unit is a Friday/Monday start will the new one be a Saturday start ? just so that I can identify the difference between the new one and the current boat.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay, I see to have missed this post...

I am not sure if the new Voyager will be ready by april as the plan is to put two Broadsman into the Richardsons fleet first (although this may change,,

Moon Voyager 2 will be a Saturday boat though..

The 38 foot version should be out before june but it I difficult to say exactly when as we have quite a bit of development to  do on the hull as well as the superstructure mainly because it is not a 'trombone transom' and also she has a sloping sheerline which makes life more interesting...

I had initially hoped for april but we will have to see..

we also have the development of the 45foot flybridge to keep ahead of as well as the build programme..

Thanks Clive, I guess we will have to slum !!! it on one of those new Broadsmans for next April, when I contact the booking office I guess they will be classed as units 6 & 7 ? with you already having five of them in the water. 

Hi John,

They look like very nice boats but perhaps a restored classic would be cheaper? !

Mark,

I am not sure weather we will be having Broadsman 7 or Moon Voyager first but will know soon!

Hi Siddy,

I should be about on the 13th but not sure where!

the Flybridge is on a thread somewhere but there is not much to photo just yet although we are making steady progress...

We hope to send some 'Broadway' models to Acle but that probably wont be until 2015 I think..

We watched a bit of a game of Richo's dodgems taking place at Ludham bridge last week, two into one narrow bridge wont go, Broadsman tried to give way like a Gentilman should, but was biffed around the bow by Orange bathtubs stern, leaving some nasty Orange wounds as bathtub pushed by and made a hasty retreat through the bridge without stopping to inspect the damage.

The crew of the Broadsman tried to inspect the damage, but it was difficult for them to see as it was on the curved underpart of the Hull riverside, but they did stop and moor up on the Demasting moorings, as the impact did give them quite a thump.

Hopefully the orange paint will be easily polished off, and the excellent yard team will have it all as good as new very soon. We didnt manage to spot the name of the Orange bathtub as he really did legg it through the bridge and out of the way heading towards the Bure.

Lots of lovely new Boats around, and nice to see that some yards are equiping crews with less clumbersome life jackets than the standard orange variety, although not everyone was taking heed and wearing them.

We loved your new Laundry Clive, paid a visit last week and did a full wash, then pegged it out in the warm Norfolk sunshine to dry, well worth the journey up to Stalham.

Julz

• Like 1

Hi Clive, Its our 25th wedding aniiversary next June but we are planning to come down back end of September for 2 weeks on Broadlander but saw your earlier comment   'a 38foot version of 'Broadlander' which will be named ' Broadway coming next year. We were looking to book Broadlander but may wait for Broadway. We definetly want one of them preferably the Broadway how do we go about securing Broadway as our main boat with Broadlander as 2nd choice if Broadway delayed for any reason ????

• Like 1

Hi Clive, Its our 25th wedding aniiversary next June but we are planning to come down back end of September for 2 weeks on Broadlander but saw your earlier comment   'a 38foot version of 'Broadlander' which will be named ' Broadway coming next year. We were looking to book Broadlander but may wait for Broadway. We definetly want one of them preferably the Broadway how do we go about securing Broadway as our main boat with Broadlander as 2nd choice if Broadway delayed for any reason ????

Hi, I am not sure really,!

The best thing to do would be to ring our booking office, (01692) 582277 they will probably book the Broadlander for you and then swap you over nearer the date and refund the difference, although Broadlander will be going up in price next year so if you book now it may be cheaper than Broadway is going to be! (if that makes sense?!)