Newbie from Manchester

Chocofluff

Hello Choco,

Welcome to the forum from Tan and myself, we are friendly and easy going forum.

Please let us know if you are visiting the Northern or Southern Broads and where you are hiring from and the boat name, it will help to give you advice if it is indeed needed.

Have a good holiday and please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the welcome. We are hiring Serene Gem from Richardsons on Monday 26 August. We went about 12 years ago with kids but now it's just us two!

We would love to visit the Southern Broads but don't think we'll have time as its a 4 nighter and we've never got that far before.

We are going to ring Richardsons a couple of days before to see if we can have an extra night and explore for an extra day.

We would have booked a week , only we have a wedding the Saturday before.

Choco x

:wave  hi choco, welcome to our forum, & welcome from me lori, if you can, you want to take a trip up to coltishall, it's a really peaceful place, i'm sure you'll have a great holiday, once you've been once you'll get hooked  lol, lori :Stinky

• Like 1

It was my misfortune to have to spend some years in exile in the north-west, living high on a Pennine hillside. 350 days a year of rain, half a dozen of sunshine.  Norfolk is described by the Climate Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia as 'semi-arid'.  Long may it remain so - I've seen enough rain to last me a lifetime.

Welcome.  You may find it difficult to acclimatise at first ... it doesn't rain here very often, and that big blue thing above you is called 'the sky'.  Yes it is, honestly, I know you think it should be grey, but that's just the way things are round here.  Enjoy ! :grin:

Yep, we love rain in Manchester! I seem to remember last time we were on the Broads about 10-12 years ago it poured down quite a lot. That's why we usually holiday abroad.

Fingers crossed that we have a sunny week.

Choco x

• Like 1

Hello Choco,

You always seem to have less rain on your side of the hill than we do in Sheffield, we go over to Manchester a fair bit being as my father in law lives in Sale.

According to our link to the BBC Weather Norfolk website it would appear that you may be lucky .

Have a look at the link, it can be found under the following path; Visiting The Broads?/ Useful Links, Slipways/BBC Weather Norfolk 

Not many sleeps to go before your holiday.

Regards

Alan