New OS map of the Broads in handy booklet form

There's a new version of the 1:25,000 Ordnance Survey map of the Broads.

It has the same highly detailed mapping, but it's in a handy small booklet size, like a miniature road atlas. (The same size as the OS map closed).

Much easier than fighting with the large double sided sheet map, especially in the wind !

I got mine from Tesco for the cover price £7.95, but I see Amazon are advertising them for £6.99, delivered free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Broads-Adventure-Atlas-A-Z/dp/1843488698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377342000&sr=8-1&keywords=broads+a+to+z

They're available for some of the other National Parks too..

post-195-0-56823600-1377343943_thumb.jpg

Do you remember what I have always thought was one of the best maps of the Broads, the one that Esso produced?

Yes, very good maps, last printed 50 years ago, so a little out of date now though....

post-195-0-90919600-1377467597_thumb.jpg

I still find that I use my copy of "What to Do on the Norfolk Broads" published by Jarrold (Paperback ISBN 9780711711228), yes it is out of date regarding some of the information. But it is still an asset, it is a pity that it was never revised after 2000.

There are currently some available on Ebay & Amazon.

Regards

Alan

• 1 month later...

Hello Roy & Diane,

Yes The Hamilton's guides are still good, but are harder to use as compared with their earlier canal guides at least, the new guides IMHO read incorrectly the earlier ones that ran from the top down were far easier to follow.

Needless to say we still use all the new ones regularly and I am still looking to find no8 the guide to the Scottish Canals.

Regards

Alan