New person! Hello

Paulr181

Hi, thought I'd come and say hello as I have just joined.

I am a big fan of the Norfolk broads and have been since my parents used to bring me on holiday when I was younger.

My parents used to hire from Richardons and barnes brinkcraft mostly, I can't remember the tub boats we first hired in the 80's but the first boat I can remember hiring back in the late 80s into 90s I think was a boat called the 'Mamara Sea' the boat I believe is now part of the Richardsons hire cruisers named the Superior Gem. Seeing the images really reminds me of playing as kids in the rear of the boat.

The only other boat I can remember was the Barnes brinkcraft majesty 2 which I think was reg number J612 or 613 can't remember which. But it was a 45ft tub boat and we hired this a few times with 10 of us on board (brothers parents and aunts and uncle with cousins). Great memories had! I was sad to see this boat had sunk in the early 2000s as I saw some images of it lt year. However I believe this is now a private boat?

I returned for the first time in about 18 years lt year on board Herbert Woods Delight for a long weekend with my wife, her first experience of the broads. She loved it and it was just as I remembered it. I'll will write a holiday tale about this trip in the holiday tales bit later, just hope it's ok talking about a trip last year.

Anyway we booked up to return for a weeks holiday as soon as we got home but this time with Richardsons. We have booked their Carousel 3 in October and I cannot wait! We decided to splash out and go for the carousel, although its taken us a while to save I hope it will be worth it.

Anyway hello everyone

Paul

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the forum from Tan and myself.

If you want any advice ask away we are a friendly bunch.

It is a pity that you did not hire from Richardson's last time because they have loyalty bonuses and discounts, some of the other forum members might be able to fill you in on these.

Please report on your weekend away, I am glad that you both enjoyed the experience of the trip.

Regards

Alan

Hi Fred, thanks for this info helps me put together a better idea of where my parents hired from in the past. I know we used to hire from Richardsons as there is a picture of us all outside their yards when we were younger, unfortunatly I cannot remember the boats we hired that far back, but may have to have a dig through some old photo's.

I do remember in the early 90's seeing the Mamara Sea looking very sorry for itself docked somewhere.

We are starting our hire on the 19th of October for the week, so if anyone is around let me know and we will wave :wave