Ken Wallis aged 97 died on Sunday 1st September

ranworthbreeze

Ken Wallis stunt double and pilot of "little Nellie" in the 1967 Bond film "You Only Live Twice", sadly died on the 1st September aged 97.

Mr Wallis will be laid to rest at a private family funeral. A celebration of his life will be held Old Buckenham Airfield on 29 September.

For more details see:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-23961175

Regards

Alan

Hi,

Lucky enough to have met Ken Wallis a number of years ago and had a tour of his collection of autogyros. His sheds were packed with aircraft he had built himself. At the point I met him he was working on Norton Rotary engines to power an Autogyro for the RAF runway mine clearance as the aircraft has no down draft from the main rotor to disturb the mines. 

It's a pity we don't have more people with his drive and ability to make things happen.

Ian

• Like 1

.....It's a pity we don't have more people with his drive and ability to make things happen.....

Absolutely.

Mankind only throws up such naturally gifted people very rarely though.

Coincidentally enough, just like his namesake, Barnes Wallis, who conceived and designed far greater things for this country  than just the bouncing bombs, which most people remember him for.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite appropriate reading this thread, as when we were on the Broads at the weekend, we saw an Autogyro flying overhead. It was the first time i`d ever seen one in real life, and was amazed to see them still flying. I wonder if it was one of his collection being flown in his honour?.

Regards to all ............................. Neil.

• Like 1