Good long weekend

Brian J.

I have just got home from a good long weekend on the southern Broads. It was a bit of a pub crawl really. Started off from Silverline at Brundall and went to Rockland Staithe to see what the new owners had done to the pub. Quite a nice spruce up with new paint, floor and revamped tables. There was the usual Wherry and a superb Ghost ship from Adnams, but at £3.80 a pint I felt that was a bit steep.

Saturday lunchtime saw us at the Reedham Ferry Inn, for some Humpty Dumpty Swallowtail and Ferryman ales, very palatable, then with the tide, down to the Berney Inn. The Swallowtail left us thinking that it could have been better kept but the Wherry was very good. Couldn't fault the food or the prices but the menu was a bit limited.

Next stop the following lunchtime saw us in the Beauchamp Arms. Beers on offer there were Wherry at £2.90 a pint and Doom Bar. The final evening we tried The Waters Edge at Woods End, Bramerton.  Adnams Explorer and the ubiquitous Wherry were the beers on offer along with an IPA - can't remember who the brewer was though. A lot more upmarket establishment this, with very good food, even if a tad more expensive than the other pubs.

Apart from some miserable weather on Sunday afternoon, a very pleasant weekend.

• Like 1

. Started off from Silverline at Brundall and went to Rockland Staithe to see what the new owners had done to the pub. Quite a nice spruce up with new paint, floor and revamped tables. There was the usual Wherry and a superb Ghost ship from Adnams, but at £3.80 a pint I felt that was a bit steep.

Brian, Hi.

I thought Mick's price there last year for Ghost Ship (£3.60/pint) was "a bit steep" but £3.80??? No way, Jose!   :shocked

Probably brought on by the ridiculous rents the Suits from Enterprise or Punch are charging.  two guns