Magnor

C.Ricko

Morning all,

Here is my Powles launch, her name is Magnor, she was built in 1956 (so I have bee told) and was one of six boats built in the 'constellation' class.

she is about 26 feet long,

Originally she had a 4cyl Gray marine engine then a Lister, a BMC 1.5 and then I put in a 6 Cyl Gray marine engine in during the 90s which was replaced with a older Nanni diesel about 10 years ago..

she was taken In lieu of wetshed moorings in the 1970s and re varnished as she had been painted gray and spent the next 10 or 15 years on hire as a dayboat from Stalham, she then went to Benson on the Thames where she was again used as a dayboat for special occasions.

When we wound up our Thames operations I heard that she had been placed in Henley boat auctions, I was not too impressed and insisted that she be withdrawn, this cost a few quid but she was soon on a trailer home. I then set about 'doing her up' in the school holidays with a few friends but because of the engine I had installed she was a bit unreliable (although damn quick!) because of the reliability issue she sat around for the next few years and when I decided to re engine her again we found that most of the rear end had rotted out.

that was about 8 years ago now and she is ready for some TlC which I hope to do In our Horning Yard this winter.

http://www.broads.or...atHistory=20531

I will try and find my own picture!

• Like 2

Hi Clive, i remember looking after this fine little vessel in my earlier years of working for you and your dad. I remember a slight crack or two in the gray engine also. I hope you will still get her up on the plane when she is done. If you need assistance, you know where i am  :Stinky

• Like 1

Yes indeed, lesson learnt there...

never buy an engine from a boat out of the water, the Gray ran beautifully but had a cracked manifold and block, ran lovely but as the engine heated up she squirted water all over the engine bay!