Ruby Emblem - I miss her

neilp1962

Hi Neil,

I would have a word with Clive or his people up at Richardson's I am sure they will have a boat that is suitable to get you through Potter Heigham, You may have trouble however booking for 4 days over Easter rather than a week.

If this is what you wish to book I suggest that you start making enquiries now so you are not disappointed.

Regards

Alan

Like others I am thoroughly enjoying your blog - it is just like being on holiday but sitting here in the chair.  Your photos are brilliant and I just love your pooch.    How old is he?      I have often wondered how folk get a rather large dog down to the boat when the tide has gone down rather a long way in Gt Yarmouth.   The beauty of having a dog's life jacket.   Another good reason.

Jonzo - can I just say you are not alone at being bellowed at at Reedham.     Now you would laugh but I am married to someone who will not speed , will dawdle everywhere and yes the other morning we got bellowed at as well.     We were in stitches , I mean other half has to be told to 'get a move on or we will never get there' several times on a journey.        As you say even just above tickover  but with the tide we were getting black looks.    The tide was very high that day and I think the Ranger was getting decidedly jittery about his moored boats.       We just put our hand up to say sorry - as you do and pottered off even slower.    A good mile down the river and I had to just say - you know you can go faster now please.

Back to the blog.    After the photo of the WRC there is one of boats moored (after the one with Eddy the Fish), where was this taken , because I cannot place. it.

Keep posting.

The tide was very high that day and I think the Ranger was getting decidedly jittery about his moored boats.       We just put our hand up to say sorry - as you do and pottered off even slower.

I suspect that this is the issue here.

My guess is that given the height of the tide, that which would normally be considered an acceptable wash was, on this occasion, higher than was comfortable for the moored craft.

It was perhaps the fenders that were the problem, where even a gentle rocking would send them up onto the bank where they would achieve nothing.

This would be a difficult message for the Ranger to get across. "Slow down" is a lot easier.

We got the bullhorn treatment at Reedham with cries of 10 ft at the bridge, we had already seen it was tight for us with everything down (we need 9ft 8inches), yes normally the bridge is 10ft at high tide, but there was a lot of water and we went under the bridge with less than 2 inches to spare.

The rangers are great but in the end you are the skipper and if you hit a bridge it is down to you no matter who has given you advice.

Re speeding I just leave that to Tan!

Regards

Alan

Hi Hylander, I can see you already know the answer to where the picture was taken, but I've included one from the other side of the basin just to show my mooring skills lol. I was worried about noisy campers but it was nice and quiet. Alfie is coming up 8 years old, he was so funny when I lifted him down by the handle, his four legs were splayed out at angles, I wish Bev had the camera ready.

post-789-0-11040500-1380137768_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Not down to me, it will have been one of our other owners.

It must have been arranged by the WRC management, I can not see them leaving the electric onto the pitches, or are these operated by the same cards from the shop?

The last time I moored there I did not use card, the hook up was part of the mooring fee of £10 for the night at the time.

Regards

Alan

I tell you what Neil , you had dangled me over the gap to the boat at Gt Yarmouth, i think my arms and legs would have been splayed out at all angles too. :eek:     Your Alfie must be an extremely good tempered dog he really must.    I did chuckle that you had put on weight and the dog and lost weight on your holiday.

Yes I can see now where the photo was taken ,     I just couldn't place it.     We have often wondered about noise from the campers there, and I am glad that they were no problem.

I did not realise that the fee , of i think £10 included the electric, that is good then.

I tell you what Neil , you had dangled me over the gap to the boat at Gt Yarmouth, i think my arms and legs would have been splayed out at all angles too. :eek:     Your Alfie must be an extremely good tempered dog he really must.    I did chuckle that you had put on weight and the dog and lost weight on your holiday.

Yes I can see now where the photo was taken ,     I just couldn't place it.     We have often wondered about noise from the campers there, and I am glad that they were no problem.

I did not realise that the fee , of i think £10 included the electric, that is good then.

Hello Hylander,

The £10 fee was a few years ago, I doubt it is still that figuar.

I will look at updating the mooring fee information or set up a new topic so people can update any information we hav on file.

Regards

Alan