Has anyone else used these Magic Sponges on their gel coat?

ranworthbreeze

Has anyone else used Magic Sponges on their gel coat to remove marks such as shoe scuffs or even marks such as slight hull scuffs? I got some off of Ebay and have also seen them for sale I Roy's DIY.

Basically you just soak them in water and squeeze off the excess and just rub the effected area with the sponge.

You keep soaking to remove any dirt from the sponge. I used three small sponges whilst cleaning the boat last Monday afternoon and was impressed, the sponges wear out whilst using them.

Regards

Alan

I thought I'd give one of the Magic Sponges a go today, and I have to say they are, well, Magic!

They do self-destruct with use (especially if you catch canopy studs) but they way they dealt with the grime ingrained into the non-slip areas of the decks was very good indeed. I used them in conjunction with an environmentally friendly cleaner and I am very impressed with how the GRP has come up. Just need to give it a polish now!

ps I thought it best not to let SWMBO know she'll be getting a job lot of them for Christmas!

• Like 1

Hi John-The Brand on the product is "POWERFORCE" and they are called

"6 ERASER SPONGE PADS".

Not sure what we are doing yet, depends on Mags's work but hope to get down at least once before the end of October & if the weather is not too harsh we may come down over new year

:band

Thanks for that, Alan... bought a couple of packs this lunchtime and will try them out next weekend at Coldham Hall.   :clap

We've decided to have F-G out of the water over this winter (probably the first time ever) in order to let her dry out (me as well!) for a few months. Then back afloat in time for Easter, 2014.  cheersbar

• Like 1

Folks! I've been using these for ages around the house and on the boat, never thought about using them on fenders though, but here's a word of warning before you try cleaning your pride and joy with them,,,

Regards Frank,,,,

The Warning Label

Melamine foam erasers work well; but on surfaces that are painted, polished or easily scratched, they might work a little too well. It's recommended to test the eraser on a small, preferably unnoticeable, portion of whatever you're looking to clean before you dive on in.

• Like 1