Waveney Inn tenants leaving party this Saturday

ranworthbreeze

The leaving do was indeed last weekend and very busy it was. Nigel and Tracy actually move out this coming weekend, but didn't want to do it with a hangover hence the party last weekend. The new people are going to be managers, not tenants. With the changes that took place at the Waveney River Centre over the last 4-5 years many of the regular boaters and caravan owners departed. It was those regulars that still visited frequently in the Winter months that helped the pub to survive the quiet Winter period in the early years, with their departure the pub has been a lot quieter in recent Winters. Now that James is putting managers in situ maybe he will see the error of some of his policies with the approaching quiet season.

Was good to see a lot of the old crowd last weekend.

The grapevine suggests that James will indeed be busy with the toolkit and workman again this Winter, it never seemed to end when I was moored there, one of many reasons for leaving.

Nigel and Tracy are moving into another pub in Norfolk which for me will be a short detour on the way up to the boat. Whilst I don't think it is a secret where they are heading, I don't think it has been publicised either, so if anyone wants to visit them, then pm me for details.

• Like 1

The grapevine suggests that James will indeed be busy with the toolkit and workman again this Winter, it never seemed to end when I was moored there, one of many reasons for leaving.

Nigel and Tracy are moving into another pub in Norfolk which for me will be a short detour on the way up to the boat. Whilst I don't think it is a secret where they are heading, I don't think it has been publicised either, so if anyone wants to visit them, then pm me for details.

Ditto on the first, Keith and would you pls PM me on the second.

Thanks, Mate.  :wave