Richos new brochure

andyg

got mine today !! Well got two in fact. Big improvement Clive :) great new layout and love all the new pic !! plus it a lot earlier then normal.. Some very keen prices as well if you want to get a float on a budget !! Well done to mrs Richos for the design work :)

Just spent two hours in the bath reading it....

Very well set out with a lot more info on the boats....

Just one thing though, on my confirmation letter it says outside parking £7.50, in the catalogue (front page in fact) free outdoor parking..... as a tight Yorkie... every little helps...

Great job Richardsons

:Stinky

Good professional brochure, with a nice balance between promotion and useful information. Some really stunning Broads photographs, love the misty view of Horizon craft on page 68. The photograph of  Broadway, which is actually the reversed and  doctored photograph of Broadlander below had me fooled for a while and is really well done. I have to say however I would be rather miffed if I was the member of the office team on the right of the photo on page 8. Am I in for the chop? Well, she certainly is here!

Fred

Nice brochure.  Good to have it out so early too, and with an early booking incentive (excluding platinum fleet) - most tempting!   Rewards for loyalty and getting the business in early is my kind of offer really!

Overall I like the increased grouped pricing - it makes choosing a boat different as you can almost choose the amount to spend and then compare the pros and cons of each design in that bracket, and its quite straight forward/transparent.  There's a few I disagree with that will create different popularity I think (I'd be surprised if San Remo had a good 2014 for example).

Has the 20% off a second holiday (page 8) changed criteria for 2014 in the holiday needing to be for a week?  I could be wrong, but if so it's a pity as after booking a main holiday the second or later holidays for many often need to be for a short break, especially for those in full time or self employment, and gives less incentive for loyalty to the brand for further breaks.

Dan

• Like 1

We decided to start again with the pricing, and then adjust a few for next year, there will be popular boats which are priced low  but we saw that as a bit of a 'first come first served' thing and a bonus for early bookers, I don't know if there is a cheaper better alternative to San Remo so will have to watch that one, I think the second week discount may be a mistake but will check.

Don't  forget you would still get the 10% on your loyalty card as well

Good professional brochure, with a nice balance between promotion and useful information. Some really stunning Broads photographs, love the misty view of Horizon craft on page 68. The photograph of  Broadway, which is actually the reversed and  doctored photograph of Broadlander below had me fooled for a while and is really well done. I have to say however I would be rather miffed if I was the member of the office team on the right of the photo on page 8. Am I in for the chop? Well, she certainly is here!

Fred

The pictures are sent in manly by contributors to our Facebook competitions as well s a couple of locals.

the bookings girl has left so luckily we had a photo of the team with her on the end!

the Broadway was done in 5 mins  so if blown up a bit the join can be seen, I hope we have the same back windows as Broadlander!

• Like 1

We decided to start again with the pricing, ...Don't  forget you would still get the 10% on your loyalty card as well...

Well I have booked up four breaks for next year with you!

Your re-pricing meant I booked different boats to what I would have previously chosen and indeed the value was hard to argue with, though not getting the 20% off the second trip (unless a week long holiday)will mean one break less for me each year with you, which will probably go down well at home to be honest and help us shoehorn in those pesky non boaty holidays! :grin:

Dan

Hi Dan,

it s good to see you are filling up the loyalty cards!

I did not check if there has been a mistake but I cannot recall a change to the second holiday discount criteria, I will do tomorrow..

Just book a week and go home early!

• Like 1

Anyway....

Yes we did change it to apply to second holidays being a week or more long to qualify for the discount.

Don't forget you will save your car parking fee as that is free from next year (unless undercover)

you will also get a free map.

obviously you have already factored  in the much lower damage waiver

AND the fuel deposit based on the individual boat and length of break......

Don't forget to book early to avoid disappointment :wave

• Like 2

I think that's Clive trying to teach you how to suck eggs dan ;)

I'm not so sure Andy, afterall a free map could come in handy for some of my crew based on this years experience, so mustn't be under-estimated! :naughty:

I did wonder if he meant free fuel and free damage waiver though, as I had found clever ways round most of the things mentioned! ;)

Dan

I like the brochure as well. I think the Broads scene photos really add to it but then I'm biased because my photo is on page 5! The layout is simple and clear as always.

Prices have moved more often than not in a downward direction, platinum fleet excepting. Handily for me Spring Bank Holiday week has moved below peak price as that's when I wanted to go! San Francisco is now booked for around £300 less than it would have been the same week this year.

• 1 month later...

cheers Andy,

most of the pictures have been from Facebook competitions and a few which are sent in to us where we credit the photographers.

the pics look much better than 'set up' ones and it shows our customers having a great time what its all about,!

• Like 1