F Miller's Yard

Bryony

Hello I'm new to the site.

My husband and I own the 31' yacht Nightfall (ex Nautilus) which we have spent 15 years restoring she was built at Millers Yard on Oulton Broard for W D Silcock in 1910. We have alot of information including her original drawings which were published in the Yachting Monthly when she was built.

We have been trying to find any photos of Millers yard around this time and who WD Silcock might have been. I have looked at all the information on the Broarlands Memories website and even emailed the Lowestoft museu, but we can't seem to get any more information. Can anyone help?

I would be most greatful. I have attached two photos of Nightfall for your interest.

Thank you

Bryony

Hi Bryony,

I have your message,  I have some old paintings (not professional at all) showing the old black shed which Dad knocked down, I think your best bet would be to find a copy of Pippa Millers book (Freds Daughter) she put a few old photos in there. Unfortunately the name of the boook escapes me at the mo' although I am sure someone will shed some light.

The pictures look good, where is Nightfall based?

Hi Bryony

I don't think I do have any photos of Millers yard but, as Clive says, there are some wonderful photos of the yard in Pippa Millers book.

This is it - Norfolk Broads The Golden Years published by Halsgrove & edited by Peter Haining:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Norfolk-Broads-Golden-Years/dp/1841147028/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382026224&sr=8-1&keywords=norfolk+broads+golden+years

Carol

Thank you very much for your responce. I've just ordered Pippa Millers book from amazon. We keep Nightfall  at Yarmouth, Isle of Wight. If you are interested in her there are some more photos on my hubands website martynmackrill.com  Also we think Nightfall may be the only Miller's boat in existence there is another called Joyeuse built in 1906 but her where abouts unknown.

best wishes

Bryony

• 2 years later...