Happy, happy memories

Broads01

This is my favourite photo of the few that were taken on my first Broads boating holiday in August 1981 when I was 10. The location is Stalham (the beginning of the left fork down to Stalham staithe where the right fork takes you in to Richardsons boatyard). The boat is Consul 3 from Norfolk Broads Yachting Company at Wroxham who ceased hiring in 1983. I'm sat with my sister on the front of the boat and my Dad (who I lost this year) is in the cockpit. It was a truly wonderful holiday that made an impact on me like no other.

• Like 2

Thanks all for your comments and contributions. I think West Somerton may be right and the labelling of the photo wrong. I remember we did moor at West Somerton for the night. One of my most joyous memories is being piloted under Potter Bridge. When you're 10 events like that make an impact.

Great pics indeed, thanks for posting. An Alpha Craft 29 if I'm not mistaken, Tempest? I was on Alpha Mustang in that class in 1997.

Saucy Gem! I remember when there were a fair few of those DC30s around. Just San Rafael left nowadays I think.

Yes Dan K494 was renamed Juno and was for sale in Wroxham for quite a while. I saw it up close through the windows and it was still pretty original but with a few nice improvements. I last saw it there in August 2012 - I wonder where it is now?