a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

ohh thank yuo for yer ling words .............................

yepout and about this eve on the town .....................

and not aboot in sight ......................

off to far far away clime to see some rite proper forign boots and may be some fihing too 

marlin for tea anyone ..............??????

so next week a boot yard tale or two from a hot climate .............

I'm stuck hospital and I thought to watch a film after browsing NBN but I came across this thread by 650xs and couldn't put it down.

A geat insight and a fun read that seems to be enjoyed by others too,

If you need encouragement then you got it from me Jon, keep up the posts, just coz you reached 50 there's no reason for you not to keep going for a telegram from the Queen   :bow

• Like 1

ahh back from sunny clime seeing more boot and feeding the mullet out of hand on wet and windy harbours in the atlantic brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............................

up at at like a bestest narfolk snail i,m too .................

got man flu still like no other too so slow as a slow thing ...................

managed to river test rebuild down river toady past the proper old bill with comments like "drive it like i stole it " and a polite wave ............................

finish the ole woodies in pairs this week king done and mallard too................

slip way still full and got our part orf the river bottom having survey this week check them ole large holes where the pike hide ........from here to barton must have agood set of googles and snorkel i say

only a few pike men this week so far and a boot or two goes by ..........

better get on as got three more boots to come as from thurs so need to make room .......

pulling engins apart and got rebuild ve8 to source and supply some ole ford parts to customer in the smoke

whilst on river trial in rebuilt boot which is fibre class and wood top "good ole bourne "saw otters and great sun burning through the trees whilst we slippped through the water with customer at the wheel i stood back and admired the little wake from an old 35 foot bourne going through the water with ease and low wash .............nice

passing hunsett mill looking at its best, despite the runggen extesion of a cock up modern thing on side of a classic house "broads land mark " dis,t look to bad ..............

stilll lokin for new wooodi for new customer must be in need of work and about 30 foot plus too ??????

so off on hunt next week to see what ican find look out i,m off gain ...............

lock up yer mooorings too.........................

post-24077-0-94285900-1386188979_thumb.j

weighing in all my old engine blocks at the mo,, got 1.5, 1.8 2.5 and 345 also 4.108.

no heads but some could have oversize pistons, first lot going tomorrow let me know if you want to pop over before rest go.

got a few complete 2.2 but not scrap...

rite been dun sum ting this week but not sure what ive achieved .......................

still got man flu ***** thing and cough for for england in semi finlas with all the rest at mo so close to get near top ten ......

trying to sort shed no 1 out at mo...............found stuff that i forgot from years ago ....!!!!

found two outboards one previous employee ,not missed.....and a fort two foot boat not bad week then ...

keept tying loose covers and chasing broken tree s.............

quite week end so far only hand full of hardy soles to visit yard ..............

had a specil deliv all the way from new zealand a long awaited specila wood delive in dust from to add to my collection..................long story ......................

but what astar to deliv in person a small package of the best wood dust in the world and all cleared h and s and customs too.....

now big ole hearts boot ready to relaunch next week end so shed clear out and lift ole queeni in and make start with her refurb and the nuts of a job to start..................

plank work ,hull strip repaint top and bottom new cabin sides  etc etc ..............recolk whole bottom strip transom and do rename across transom etc ......

strip clean them ole teak decks and get looking the part ................

i,m sure shell lift ok and i,ll do my best to move her with dignity..............

better clean hoist for hearts big lift too.....can,t mark the paint so best strops out and carpet to protect "best akminster too "....

make room for the paints jobs to do dam plastics to do .......................

better find me best squireel brush and go kill a badger to get the best brush for final finish ......

look some boats and in dec tooo so we are not alone 

post-24077-0-93049600-1386438370_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hello Jon,

I like long stories, so what is it with the special dust from New Zealand. Are you using it as an old joiners trick of mixing with glue for repairs, plugging holes etc. I have used ebony dust and glue as an infill on designs in hardwood rather than marquetry. It could be an alternative to sign writing on boats but using a router instead of a brush.

Regards

Alan

hello jill thanks for pics .......

bit orf a sad ole do as a few yeras ago we had both queen and princess here

sadly princesess had since been recked as was last on land in sandwhich we no interior and and hole or two in bottom.........

we did try to by it but sadly to no avial 

i will chase it up .................

but queen will look the the nuts .........................

king goin in at week end ............................champagne ready ................

thanks for kind words ...........young alan .....

busy still and not complaining ...yet .......

in on time for survey lift yesterday to lift an ole broom for ole customer to hopfully complete sell once the survey man of a well respected company has passed his keen eye over the ole girl

she lifted a treat no movement and nice and tight everybody will be pleased.......

next her off to shed for little repair and put a new coat or the ole black stuff on her bum too....

get her into shed as got another boat from my ole friends in Bristol coming .....

a plastic with alittle more hp burning grunting diesels to cruise the 4 mph zone ..all 450 hp of her too ..look out

new owner off the broom once funds completed is a happy happy chappy ,love to help and pat his lovery mates dog too ,who ate all out dog treats while they waited .......

good to see another woodi sold by a great broker too, the boys from boat shed do it again ......

and a little more work for us too, every one happy and all work for the local economy to this area

still making room in shed for more inputs and finding long lots engines too

remove ole diesel from yacht today to find ne home up north in another vessel good ole 1gm 10.......

still got some more to winterise and accept another waffi today for lift to store tooo....more the merrier I say .....

no rain and grey ole clouds with a sudden bright sunshine burst out of no where just in time to celebrate sale of boat with new owner ,what timing....

soon got chilly and mist to drop down from above brrrr 3.5 degrees...........nice frost in morn I reckon

queen started while waiting to move king out for weekend launch so little tidy up while dry day around her and start to get some orf that ole rubbish out .....

go some off site work todo this week water pump u/s and full engine service to do too hope it stays dry will make life a little easier hanging off the back end of a engine room outside ....

just so yer know me ole mates at beverly trnasport have been in and out of my yard for last few weeks with boat from all over ....................

mostly large ones .............................................

as the last boat arived in the fog from a fog bound uk road traffic zones with all the markings of it been in a dogs mouth and thrown in and out of a puddle ,a little dirty to say the least......

as per the norm a proper cup of tea had to be made for driver of lorry as he will not function until it done 

we make best  tea we can but not quite to spec as no access to yorshire waater..............!!!!

boat is in for repairs and finale tart up she will indeed be easy to miss.........

blimmey first proper hard frost this morn river froze and basin etc report of neatihead dyke froze too..brrrrrrr

slipping and sliding on the slip way with boat to move got liftle ole yacht out and had to leave wash down till later as water works froze too........

man flu got better of me today so bunk orrf early to go home and die ..........like a man ...!!!

post-24077-0-47753900-1386859537_thumb.j

• Like 2