a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

at last got an engine which has been an **** to set up running ....................

to work on this one with me ole knee pads on and as much room as the slack space in the ole womens braa

a bit tight then .................

staff.....so kind of one member to send in the ole wuss puss cold /flu chap in to visit me, being a man i can cope with all know flus and colds ...............

not a chance in hell ..............no ..no one has had a cold like me .....!!!!!

meet and greet hat on today for  along awaited propestive buyer ..come on  come hurry up........

finish off making an outboard rack that i stated and just did,t quite finish.........

diyer in shed doing well at mo with new transom in there boot and new extended rear cabin side too all with some ole praper wood don,t yer know ......

wayford broads are slowly fading away as they do this time off year,goumarants have moved on and the large whale which was off our coast has finished feeding in my puddles and now back to iceland .......

tow more boats arived yesterday for lift out with a whistle on the shore and standing on paraid i welcomed them ashore ......................

reality......they turned up just as i was havin me ole desrerved lunch i swore and said ill show them .....stommed out or the ole office and waved plitly at them and welcomed them to the yard .....................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

yeah that ll show them ............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

customers who need s them ..................................umpphhhhhhh.................

lovely to see yuo and how are yuo ..............

i told them, i did ...................................

once moored up and packed on there merry little way , yet another customer turns up with a ole rattly posh ole horse pullin thing from the chelsea area in londinim.......ahhh thats it a land rover ranger thinghy ....

ha yer got a losse thinh in yar , i said ..............we lifted the bonnet to find one of them old posh belts that drive that ole air coolin stuff and decided to leave the area as known as" pulley beach "as it was cold this time off year so rite for them  to start heading off ........!!!!!

he thanked me for giving him two lots orf bad news more probs with boot and me ole horse pullin thing broke to ...............thank yuo .....".yar welcome ole patner "

took phone call to one of our most regular cutomers last eve ,whilst in deep conversation about findings and other works and paussed in mid flow to apologise for what i was about to do .......................

he waited while i slid the ole window back in the office to shout lots or bestest rude wods at the ole goose to sod off, leave me alone and go and play with another goose of different gender..............

i then slung a piece of palling granite rock "bread from the rejected bread bin at hum" in his direction ,he honked and waddled away  muttering to him self .......

back to phone to explain what ive done when man said i,m sorry was that a cutomer, naa i said it s the damm goose ,he pecks so violently on the office wall out side it souds like a nial gunn 

well he did laugh dunno why ..............................

well not again more batts dying must be a disease.......

chasing boats in horning today ..............

heaters failing on yard ,nanni not pumping water and a river trial dun the rud

all in a days work too.....

whilst fixa a boot at horning bumped in to me ole friends with there classic 1930s powles ,so as I walked by I popped me ole head in ..ohh dear two boat owners inside engine room ........!!!!

with a clowt or spanner and a poke with a screw driver she was soon on her way again and a nice cup orf tea too....

plenty or ole boot at the staithe with a" gin palace " or two plugged in to the must have 240 volt stuff

nice to see so many out and about come on winter cruise .....

a good ole lemon scented oil lamp and meths stove for me, nun orf that ole new elastricity stuff to complicated and dangeroos too ....

orf to hum now as up earlt in morn to sort boot s out on me sunday calls and get ready for the ole annual village qizz  might hav er saw head in morn ...grrrrrr...

dam noo boot questions ........

• Like 1

ahh mr gancanny what this i see the goblins have been in and yer boot look loverly not as clean as she were when me sis had er.......!!!!!!

come polish that ole orange stuff and put a royall flag on it ..............

ahh me ole mate ziggy.........

nop just bust ere ..........

out and about with chasing heaters boot and home life too.......

lifting still proceeds must rurnout of space soon and some one else have sum.....!!!!!

got the dam man flu thinghy now and still manage to operate little ...

got a ole yacht out and put her on her trialor to ship back to north of thetord to that ole palce up north near the humber waters yer know ....

nice to meet half the crewe and catch up on ole times ....while I lift the ole mast down for the ole buggers they watched and supervised me so I did it rite ....

whilst orf on a boot away from yard I was stuckwith chin on front cabin seat trying to configure me ole body in a hole to fix dam heater  was forced to watch mr otter jump in and out of the water and play hide and seek from his hole in the quay heading whilst chasing fish .........ummmmmm

big ole hearts boot is just about there and the hipperson is complete bar a coat of varnish or two in the odd place

we will be ready to change shed round end of month and start work on one of woods largest ole cruisers from the 1930s "queen of light " will be on water in new year with some alterations and lookin the dogs we hope too....

if the ole owner will allow will do her own resto info on some site or other etc

wind is up and down this week and rian still come and goo makes good one day wet ole boot sthe next ....

so when it rain hard I,m in the shed with engines or welding some thing ther always something to do ..........

if it stop raining I,ll do me ole rud and make her flatt ,iknow it will loose all its character but theres  only so many broad s yer can have ere

of to some where far away to collect other old woodie this week and she is still afloat, sad ole story too but in good hands now .........and her ole motor run a treat too nice ride back by river next week ...........

fishe still a jumping and pike man still a catching,got attacked by king fisher doing his  dive bomb routine on me .love it

had a my regular scotich couple come see me this week with huge smile s on tar fasces too lost a yacht this summer and gained a little ole posh cruiser

so its not true ,,,,,,,they spent it again and more tooo.......

met a few last of my local winter last cruiser this week and told me to winterise we have finished so another to add to the list to wrap up ........

back orf to southern climes for them .............

soup week this week to keep me going and whilst out and about  I stopped to support the local fish man  got  me a kipper or two for breeki so I,m off to keep it cool and get that ole fish in my beely in the morn

• Like 1

what a great start to the day bright sunshine and a warm sun on me back both me and opo were busy trying to catch up with lifts etc

meet some cutomers from up the north which we found out later in day they had dragged with them a little rain shower for this afternoon.......

fisher man busy catching pike today and have put pics on the fishy page on ere

chocked some boots up , some were high and some set low to suit customers requirments for works etc rudders out and shafts etc

we help all yer know ..........

sorted aboat sale boat out with a smile and a little help to find light switch etc

some regulars not in this week end

loverly yacht from over the back arrived with her captian on board and crew for winter moor and later into shed for normal works etc over the winter ,we love having this waffi with us as she is  a real beautifool boot too

advise on removal of a coupling to a cutomer with a ohhhh that hows it goes once explain why ,how and when .....

just got last boot out for today and got soaked with that NORTHERN RAIN WHICH WAS NOT ON ORDER FROM ANY ONE ..GRRRRRRR....

wet legs and bum from laying in puddle to slide chocks under boots ...

quite phone today thank god as busy on yard and no wiffy to ans the telephone thing......

puddle s still large and not low water in site yet.........but ziggy happy

bad start today as kippers  were rubbish so orf hum to beat wiff and blame the dogs and shout at motherinlaw to blame all .....!!!!!!

no good sunday had a case of wuss puss man flu thinghy...............

couldn,t operate **** to kick self out of bed and ole black and white morcambe and wise film got the better of me ,so call me " ole lead ****"..........

still got women flu thinghy now and welding today poor ole narrow boat yes we do have the silly narrow thinghs ere too .........

just a patch or two then she be back in water ..at last

more winterise boot to do and one or two arrived on sunday while ill on me **** ...slip full again

lifted a few outboards to store today and got visit from some ole volunteer  bobbys to catch up on outboard thefts ...so I showed them the  "ziggy  " and three dogs in office ,one angry boat yard owner and a wiffy on the edge ,now that's me security dealt with what do yer think ...????

meeting with top local boat sale guy to discuss boot and stuff ,sale not too good but this is norm this time of year, still sell some just nice and slow

been searching for three days to find winter cover and found it lost under other cover buried in back of shed number two..... at last .........

several to cover  up and got some off yard to do to sort out preheat probs and winterise too

I,m sure some will leave it till the first bad frost and ring me in a panic

wouldn,t be first time............

little current bunn for zigggs and wade through yard back to find van in dark

quick phonecall or two to do some mail orders and sort out boot ins for new customer and orf hum.....

• Like 2

now then i,m off to catch up with me ole mate at loddon see if he has some old  christmas dvd s...... and then  see if i can get a cheap survey or two from scrolling through the ole web sites .....!!!!!!

then quick down the rud to see an old person for a good ole boat boat safety ..........

once we have all shared the one fire exstingsher for all of the next ten boats ..........

then quick visit to broads authority to see if they will let me orf my next set orf tolls for up to 20 boats or so...

well it worked last time .....!!!!!

will i,m about it i,ll just take holiday deposit money and mooring monies up front then spend it some where else 

so me and ere in doors can have a holiday in the largest ,buisest bridge on the broads .......

ramble i may and many a true word said in jest too....................

comments are mine and are my own views too.................read into what yer may ................

then i,m off to rough ole boot yrd at end of ant to give a deposit or two then waist time fiddling around with excuses to not complete sale of boat ..............!!!!

just some of what goes on ere and abouts ....................

not the so good stuff .............

its a shame .......................

but some of use work hard to give the best we can and many try to come ere and cock it up ......

so i say go away .....................

go nick an outboard some where else,under cut and operate for a year or two and make life hell for us who are here for the long haul .......................

operate for a year or two and change names too.............................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

thats me winge out or the way ............................

happy to be grumpy ...............

as is ay befor spend a week with me and then pass comment ................

• Like 5

ahh today was eventfull with aquick visit to another marina with an opo in tow we spent a few hours on boot to winterise and sort bad staring on another

now then not been ther more than 1 hr or too when fone a blasting hundred of silly ole tuns at me ,it the wiffy demanding stuff and how long etc

so at once we headed back to yard or so we thourgth ......

quick word with yard owner and then meet with local crane stuck in mud at entrance sunk to the axles it was too....

with alittle shunt and digger and hymac and chains and more rubble and work moans and groans and pulling and shoving she was out ready to do days work for the marina at last only took and hr or so

quick say bye byes and hurtle back to yard to be meet with awaiting customers and a little ole steelie off transport will be a bit bigger than the usual narrow stuff we have got here ...!!!!

so stopped transport driver in sisting he had a cuppa to which he refused un less "yorshie TEA " was served with proper buxton waatar.....

of coarse we said and sent wiff to do and demand such beverage from the cabin ......

all supped and back to it .....

so back down to yard move hoist to ease turn round of lorry and trailer and easy lift of little ole steeli .......

she was off in a jiffy with some help from boat bulding department too....well some times have to get hem ole hands dirty....

and as luck would have it while moving the little ole large huge thing fit for sea we in turn got a little stuck in a soft bit found by the shear weight of the beast

down she went with a gasp and slight lean to starboard and sudden stop as the frame / axle of me own hoist meet the ground for a quick snog ......

only one way to cue this one is to set the monster cruiser down quick ,chock up as is ,where is and move to a good bit of ground and lift again...

soon done with the customer mucking in too yippe all done, now where I,m  I going to put this ....??????

post-24077-0-84323500-1385485054_thumb.j

ahh sadly never finished  but only has a little hole or two in her too

well spotted mr falcon .........you gain a point today .....

the owner has seen a finished one ..............luck hime I say ,they are rare....

ive got yard full of them .....including my own and customers too....!!!!!!

this one soon to be done...............

and she will bee not too bad for an ole bruds boot too............

post-24077-0-98115400-1385486442_thumb.j

well what with three of those silly narrow boot jobbies now a huge steeli all I,ll need is some Turkish woodie from far away to be on my yard and I,l have a full set ..........

got to go as up early to view a 50  something footer woodie lets hope she is all ok ....! :pirate

please some one take my nice pic of where I live to attach it to my avatr thinghy as I have tried and ca,nt do it ,...................... :naughty:

this is because I,m full of it ........

and so much is coming out of m e ole trap me wife think its easier to stay in here ..............

well made me larf................

she says I,m a toilet ..........

post-24077-0-92176000-1385486799_thumb.j

That s never a finished Bruce Roberts boat is it?? never seen a finished one!! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Beaten to it - I was about to ask if she was a Bruce Roberts. :)

I've seen a few completed ones, mostly the spray yachts (based on the hull design of Joshua Slocum's Spray, in which he became the first man to sail solo around the world). they're much beloved of the 'build your own boat and then take off to slum it around foreign parts' crowd, as although they don't get you anywhere particularly quickly, they do generally get you there. They're also fairly easy to build, and some people like the look (personally I can take it or leave it, but I've learned not to judge other people's taste in boats, unless they own a Foster 30 (see other thread)).

• Like 2

ahh she is here for ice braking later and bashing waffi ooot orf thay way

running the ba boats down and genral hire boot chasing.........................

............................."ORF MY LAND "..................................... :naughty:

• Like 1

please some one take my nice pic of where I live to attach it to my avatr thinghy as I have tried and ca,nt do it ,...................... :naughty:

this is because I,m full of it ........

and so much is coming out of m e ole trap me wife think its easier to stay in here ..............

well made me larf................

she says I,m a toilet ..........

Wasn't sure if you really wanted a toilet Avatar or not Jon :naughty: . Let me know if you have a piccie you'd rather use :lol: