Time for another :-D

brandenjg

Hi the first bit i used was a kit i bought from halfords but it only had a small bit of matting in it so i went on ebay to order some more but obviously missed the zero off the size. Ive ordered the right size now but thanks for the link (which is a bit cheaper than what ive ordered) so will use them if i need any more.

• Like 1

I'm off down the boat today to hopefully make a start on fitting the hard top i won on ebay a few weeks ago. Twas a 200 mile round trip but i finally got my hands on a dawncraft roof, so lets hope it will fit on my modified windscreen.

Also today will be a chance to finish off the odd jobs like fitting the fenders and getting the boat ready for a day out.

Will be taking the in laws and my niece out next week for her 5th birthday as she finally fits in the life jacket :-D Lets hope she gives the boat the seal of approval as she's seen the project from the start and wanted to go out on the boat since i bought it.

Wish me luck Branden :-D

• Like 2

Well today turned out to be quite a success. My dad had been keeping himself busy after work all week by smartening up the dirty roof from ebay, so with a fresh lick of paint and gloss on the rails it was time to work out how on earth to fit it onto the boat.

For those who have followed the project, you may remember I modified my windscreen which meant that the roof which was designed to fit the original shaped screen would not fit. :o

After a bit of head scratching we spun the roof round and the rear side fitted the screen fairly well considering the shape.

So we grabbed what we had to hand (L brackets and rivets) and managed to secure the screen to the roof at the front, then cut down the metal canopy frame to rest the back on which was secured with plumbing brackets.

It means the roof wont fold down so my journeys will have to be planned for the tides, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I also had a surprise visit from my pregnant wife who hasn't been on the boat since last summer. She was happy with the work I've done and with her bump kicking away, I think I have my daughters seal of approval aswell. :baby

Photos below, Branden :P

post-465-0-73154300-1430608467_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-15851500-1430608496_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-57537100-1430608559_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-96645600-1430608577_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-92422600-1430608618_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-53100200-1430608643_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed my voltometer and double usb charger gizmo. I was going to get a speedometer as well untill i see the price of them. So now downloaded a free speedo app for my phone which works rather well. Also on the app was a compass and weather report. I then got an old phone case and fitted that on the console so now ive got everything i need for a total outlay of just under 12 quid, result in my books

post-17992-0-85888700-1432147662_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm finally at the stage with my boat where no jobs need doing. I can just jump on and go. Then I get told my brother in law is finally starting work on my old boat. The 18ft Europa 4 I sold him when I bought my dawncraft dandy 2 years ago. The poor boat has been stuck on the trailer for over a year waiting be worked on. 

The boats been stripped out and 80% rubbed down. I went to have a look and offer advice. Underside is near enough immaculate, the transom is..... What transom? The wood had turned to complete mulch. That's going to be a fun job. DSC_0014.JPG

More as and when I get updates. P.s he only has 28 days to complete the project including a 10 day holiday and work commitments. :?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Been reading your threads with interest as I have a Dandy which was a huge restoration project.

Still not quite finished and on it’s trailer in the drive, I was wondering who you would recommend for refurbishment of the side windows?

it’s pretty cool that so many of these dandy’s have been saved and are in use, I thought mine was the only one 

Regards

Glen