Hello Everyone

Gracie

Been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to join. I am new to this forum thing so forgive me if I make mistakes or post in the wrong section.

I am a complete Broads fanatic and have been holidaying on hire boats for over twenty years, also a keen fisherwoman or most of the time maggot drowner. I have no axe to grind and pretty easy going and you lot appear to be a friendly bunch so looking forward to some friendly banter.

Gracie 

• Like 1

Hello All

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, looking forward to chatting to you all in the future.

JTF, Don't know about seeing your maggot but I'd love a pint, I think I should have been a man, Boating, Fishing and Beer are my favourite things. You made me smile cheersbar

Gracie

• Like 1

Hi Gracie,

The name of our boat (I say our, I have only 5% of it) is indeed Ranworth Breeze, a 2001 Birchwood 340AC cruiser.

It is a share boat as you can imagine, but it went self managed in February 2012.

I have been involved with the boat from the begining after I bought a share in the boat at the 2000 boat show, the boat was yet to be lauched, but we had been looking for a share scheme from around 1998 original on the Canals, at that time there were only two schemes on the canals and we went to look at both of the boats at the time and we were not impressed.

We had been going on Narrow boats since 1974 and each year a group of us keep up the tradition (Scotish Canals earlier this year).

There is currently about 8 to 10 share boats on the Broads, but there are a number of boats shared by more than one owner as well but these may not be formal arrangements.

I have enjoyed my 13 seasons on the Broads and hoping for many more to come.

post-568-0-59081400-1384346493_thumb.jpg

Ranworth Breeze is the boat with the canopy the other boat is our sister vessle Southern Crusader (again self managed).

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...