Why don't cruise ships visit Gt Yarmouth? :-)

sos247

.... I am suprised a hire yard on the broads hasnt taken on the Wexford class style , is it a haines hull?

They are an Aquafibre mould with a Haines fitout.

I looked inside one when I was there (2007) and they were nice quality almost new boats then and I did quite like the interior

Dan

post-25-0-14229600-1386363461_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-67146700-1386363489_thumb.jpg

It a sad state of affairs really, if they have any sense when companies like Tescos and Asda (other stores are available) want to move in to the town they should say yes of course you can build your new store on our town, aslong as you make a sizeable donation to funding for local projects! If i was a town planner or council leader whoever is responsible I would feel as I wasnt doing my Job properly letting an area the size of marina quays fall into a state of disrepair. It could and should be redeveloped substantially for the boating and tourism industry which can only be a good thing for the town. I believe there are regular bus services up and down the road passed it so links to the town are already there. Could we not all get together and put a plan forward to the council

There is a similar situation up in Inverness, they suggested that Tescos could build a store and contribute to a new road....

Tescos built the store ten years ago but the council are still trying to finalizing the route for the new road and hey surprise the new store is apparently losing money....

It a sad state of affairs really, if they have any sense when companies like Tescos and Asda (other stores are available) want to move in to the town they should say yes of course you can build your new store on our town, aslong as you make a sizeable donation to funding for local projects! If i was a town planner or council leader whoever is responsible I would feel as I wasnt doing my Job properly letting an area the size of marina quays fall into a state of disrepair. It could and should be redeveloped substantially for the boating and tourism industry which can only be a good thing for the town. I believe there are regular bus services up and down the road passed it so links to the town are already there. Could we not all get together and put a plan forward to the council

If Tesco's / ASDA and all the other supermarkets have not contributed huge amounts of money to the local area, including roads,Schools,community centres etc. it would be a massive fail by Yarmouth Council.

It is the one chance local councilors get to fleece the big boys and they do it exceptionally well in most cases around the country. Just a shame planning decisions are taken on the basis of short term projects rather than long term sustainability of the area.