Help is any pumpout or diesel facility open during the Christmas Period?

SueH

Good morning.

I have just been on to Brooms to see what their opening hours are for the Christmas week.

They told me that they are closed from about 16:00 on 20 December (or when it gets dark if earlier) and will not re-open until 2 January!

We are on board Moonlight Shadow from 21-27 December.  Does anyone know of anywhere that will be open, in the Brundall area, during that period to pump us out and refuel us on either 26 or 27 December?

Thanks.

Sue HARDY

Hi

Thanks for this reply 'Freedom', you were one of the one's we thought might be an option. 

Have had a look at Swancraft and none of theirs seem to be booked over the period so they are unlikely to be on site, there is also no-one in the office at the moment.  If the owner still has his motor-caravan I expect he will be in warmer pastures!

Matt.  The people on directly after us have just let me know that they are not taking the week which takes the pressure off slightly with what time we have to leave on the Saturday or even leave it until the Sunday.  Is anyone likely to be on Thunder the Christmas week or the week after? 

SueH

Sue,

Christmas will be the only time this year that we'll be able to spend any real time together as a family - no holidays for us in 2013 and only five or six nights on the water ourselves.

We have no plans to open at all over the Christmas / New Year period but if you're really stuck, we might take a drive down to the yard. 01603 858453 and leave a message; we'd normally pick it up within an hour.

• Like 1

Sue

In that case speak to Brooms and Andrew. Brooms can fill up and pump out when they are back to work which will be before the next owners arrive. They can send the invoice via BCBM for your payment.

Not sure if anybody is using Thunder......

Have a great week.

Hi Sue,

In view of the fact no one is on MS after you could liaise wth Broom and ask them if they, during servicing, could do the pump outs and refuel and then send you an invoice for the costs.  Lisa and I have done that and it might have been when we were on MS a couple of Christmasses ago.  Hope this helps and have nce Christmas on there, Lisa likes that week.

Keith

Hi Sue,

If Brooms are closed then more than likely you will find if difficult to get fuel at any other location. When Brooms ran out of fuel earlier in the season the only place I could get to supply me with a limited amount was at Reedham.

As Matt says Broom's is very good and if you phone their accounts department and explain the situation you should be able to sort something out.

We have to do the above from time to time due to situations happening within our syndicate.

Regards

Alan

Alan