Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

Whoops we had a super duper tide today and Orca thought she was going for a swim.. The bsc chap is going to need some wellies tomorrow!

We are fully tidal here so not quite sure what caused this.. The water ended a few inches up the chocks but no damage, our power extension got a wash so it's been moved to safety.

post-28066-0-81363900-1424458603_thumb.j

post-28066-0-75601800-1424458632_thumb.j

post-28066-0-19394800-1424458646_thumb.j

post-28066-0-83771300-1424458664_thumb.j

• Like 3

Whoops we had a super duper tide today and Orca thought she was going for a swim.. The bsc chap is going to need some wellies tomorrow!

We are fully tidal here so not quite sure what caused this.. The water ended a few inches up the chocks but no damage, our power extension got a wash so it's been moved to safety.

Hi Alan,

Although not for your area, it may explain why the strange high tide is was has happened/happening pending where you are in UK.  http://weather.stv.tv/news/311109-super-tides-predicted-across-scotland-by-highland-weather-experts/

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Oh that would explain it! I've checked the flood alerts are they are active warnings pretty much for the whole coastline although it's only a little high so shouldn't cause too much hassle.. (Nothing for broadland rivers though :) ) Living afloat we never really pay too much attention to the tides so makes a change :) 

cheers

Well Alan and Dave at this time, he must be half way through the BSC. Thinking of you both  :kiss . Grace don't spend all your money out shopping  :naughty: . Plus I keep looking at the white mermaid fender  on line, but it still would cost a good £60 and that is a lot of money  :rolleyes: .

Alan and Dave good luck  :wave .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 2

Unfortunately it did fail, although not to badly:

1. The fuel tank doesn't have a "CE" marking ?!!!

2. The engine has braided hoses on it and they can't tell the fire rating of these ?!!

3. The engine has a plastic drain screw on the diesel filter, which isn't permitted.

But we just went over the chandlers and got a new tank and the hoses (I need to order a screw).. I was to be honest expecting a lot worse..

Just going back to change this tank over.. more updates later :)

Hi Alan,

Sorry to read about a few wee failures :( , but not bad really, I would say. :)  I know what it is like dealing with these examiners, I had to suffer the pickiness of the NIC for the Electrical Trade yearly, a right pain in the tonsils!

cheers Iain

• Like 2

I am about to hit the shops with my mates (got to do something to take my mind off of this bloody BSC Lol) what better way than to buy shoes :naughty: Keep us informed Jaws, wil be thinking of you :kiss

Grace

Sorry Alan, 

But in the interests of scientific marketing, just how many pairs of shoes did Emelda "Gracie" Marcos purchase today??? :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

Thanks for your messages all.. cheers all very kind :)

To be honest we aren't overly disappointed we noticed the potential tank problems last weekend but hoped he wouldnt lol! Unfortunately it was too late last sunday to address it :( This is the first boat we've had to do to met BSC standards (having sea boats before) so to only fail on three things isn't too sad really and we didn't look too close at the engine as it's all vetus parts (so does mean vetus parts aren't up to spec!!). It would have been nice to pass first time but this chap was certainly very attentive so little chance! But we can't moan as I'm sure everyone has noticed we are very safety aware and we prefer to exceed any standards so it's all positive that he's flagged these.  But yup we could have done a lot worse (The examiner even mentioned that has issued pages of warnings so he agreed we did alright :) ).

Ok so todays blog:

We got over the boat for about 7.30 as the examiner was due for 9am and he asked for full access to the engine bay (which has been full of tools!). Unfortunately it snowed here at 9am so he was a bit late but we managed to get the doors on the kitchen whilst waiting and he turned up just as we was about to put the handles on.. But pic attached the kitchen looks good!

So as above the bsc took a few hours and he kept us there to ask questions/grill us! 

After the BSC we grabbed some lunch then decided to go over to the chandlers on canvey island in essex (a good 2 hour round trip) but I called through and they confirmed they had a tank.. so we got a new tank (and some other bits! (Kid in a candy shop! Bit like grace in a shoe shop I guess?!).

Back to the boat for 4pm and dave did a good job at swapping the tanks over in 3 and a bit hours! so the new tank is all in! We/he will try and replace the hoses on the engine tomorrow and I'll get a metal version of the hose ordered so it's here for monday/tuesday and we can get him to come back and do the certificate later in the week,

post-28066-0-17609400-1424550280_thumb.j

post-28066-0-26190600-1424550291_thumb.j

post-28066-0-39770200-1424550304_thumb.j

• Like 2

Glad you got your tank in, you certainly don't waste time do you?

Off topic (sorry) when it's your mum's birthday could you please buy her a Mermaid Fender, call it female intuition (not that she's dropped many hints Lol) but I think she really wants one

Grace

p.s I did buy shoes today......I can't tell you what they cost as I haven't actually told my husband yet (probably have to tell a little white lie), he would have coronary if he knew Lol :naughty:

Grace :kiss

• Like 3

Not a bad survey, Do you know it is illegal to pass 1st time ( joke ).

Money spent on a boat do's not equate to shoes.

Money on a boat is essential.

Money on female shoes is VITAL.

I am allowed new shoes when my dirty toes stain the carpet.

Boating, just imagine that first drink floating down the river, thinking it's all done BUT that could be tweeked.

paul

• Like 4

Lol like it paul!! Dave does keep on moaning that his yard shoes leak but boat comes first lol!

Thanks Dad, he will only retest what failed so it will pass without any probs once these bits are sorted. :)

Grace, we don't have time to hang around! Need it done but he did do very well to get it sorted in a few hours even at our pace.. it was unusual that things actually fitted that easily though?! maybe the boats getting bored? I'll let dad get mums fenders lol my birthdays after so I darent upset them :)! I can't believe you don't trust us all and tell us how much today's shopping costs, it's not like your hubby is going to be reading this boring post? Less than a hundred?? 

• Like 3

Dear Mr Gracie.. I think Grace spent £99.99 on some shoes? That's along way to a week in norfolk...  :norty:

We had a really really long day today but we need to but we both have man flu to so it's been even harder.. Geez I am absolutely exhausted. 

Started early with a visit to the chandlers for parts, we didn't quite get all we needed but didn't do too bad.

Back to the boat for just gone 10. I quickly mounted the pullpit flagstaff for the burgie. I then installed (in the wind) the boats name and "Rochester" on the stern, it wasn't too bad. I can't take a picture as its not meant to be named until next weekend.

I cut a hole in the door for some low vents which the BSC chap advised but annoyingly we had no screws small enough so I couldn't finish it off :( I put the last timber plugs in the table mount in the dining area. I also mounted the last timber trims.  I installed the handles for on the kitchen doors (it was painful! Stupid measurements nothing was a decent calculation). Finally I also completely tidied up inside so it's now all clean (as hopefully it will stay) I also had a good hover inside and varnished all the last bits of triming, bathroom door  and table top. I also started to carpeting the bottom of the table and the "v" berth insert.

Whilst I was doing this Dave did hardly nothing... :hardhat:  He did another good job and changing the "failed" fuel hoses on the engine, thankfully the fittings on the engine where all reuseable once the old pipe was removed.  He changed the fuel filter whilst he was there,  He bleed the air out and test fired the engine and all good. He also finished off the lock on the bathroom door and made up and installed the cover on the bottom of the dashboard.  Installed the flagpole socket on the stern. Then tided up the wheelhouse which took a bit of time as it was a mess! But at least she's all ready for her naming event next weekend (Shame we didn't get a bit more done but too late!).. I'll post a ton of pictures for next weekend :)

• Like 3

Alan and Dave's big day. The day was cold and damp, but the boy's had a great turn out of friend's and family. We all agreed it was a wonderful day. You both can be proud of your self. Family and friends had a great day with you both . Regards Marina PS Grace and All, we gave the boy's a little present and it had a little bit of Pink on it

• Like 3

Marina was it the little pink Mermaid spoon, Alan posted a picture of it in the Members Section, it's sooo cute, you were determined to get some sort of pink Mermaid and you did it Lol :clap Well done

I am so pleased the day went well and they had a big turn out, looking at the pictures Alan posted, I'm not sure who looked the cutest, Alan, Dave or Orca :naughty: 

Grace

• Like 3