Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

After lunch we had our first afternoon away from the boat for a long long time! although we went to Ikea to get random bits for the boat!!

Hi Alan,

Regret to inform you, that now you are moving to Norfolk with Orca, shopping at Ikea is off limits : lol: It has to be Roys DIY now! :D Moving upmarket!

Thank you very much for allowing us all to follow you and Dave's rebuilding of Orca. Its been a guaranteed read on the forum week afrer week. I sincerely wish you both, many happy years of boating on the wonderful place that is the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads. :)

cheers Iain

• Like 3

Thanks Paul, we can not rule out a squeal although for now it's pretty much as good as it's going to get. So tomorrow will be "That's all folks"..  :cry: I can't wait for the first night afloat although I hope it's a bit warmer next weekend otherwise the heater is going to get a good run in!! We are planning on going down to the WRC :)

Thanks for the kind words Iain, the forum has really helped getting through the dark days! It felt really weird being out and about this afternoon it really shows how engrossed in the project we became!  Don't worry though certain bits have been left to be completed with norfolk items; Teatowels will only be the broads ones! Mugs etc will be suitably norfolk lol, Soap will be handmade in norfolk, even the cupboards will have norfolk apple juice and colmans sauces lol (I'm not a fan of supermarkets up there considering there are some brilliant little shops.. the truely local shop in stalham is one of my favourites!).

Thanks Neil! Did I make it to page 50? I think Grace will.. she's a bit late tonight!! Yourselves alone showed how mad this forum is considering the number of times you drove out your way to come look!! 

Really looking forward to catching up with everyone on the broads and sharing a few wherrys! 

:wasted:

• Like 2

According to my husband I don't get lost for words that often but I've lost them tonight.

What a voyage this restoration has been for you and Dave, if you look back at the first pics of Orca who would have believed she could look like she does now and all because of the determination and hard work of you both, bloody well done :clap(ok, so I recovered the lost for words bit quickly Lol)

I do have a bit of a lump in my throat, we have bled, perspired and cried with you on this thread and had some good laughs, I'm going to miss it.

Fantastic job guys, all the very best of luck next weekend

Grace

p.s Hope you have perfected the Royal wave :naughty:

• Like 7

Alan & Dave

I can't say it any better than Grace.

We've travelled the road with you highs and lows and in some ways it feels a bit sad that we've come to the end of the road but this is not the end but a junction ( or slipway) that will take us to adventures new. I for one , and I think I can speak for a number of others here who are looking forward to travelling the next, not road but river with you both.

Congratulations on your achievements so far and good luck with the move next weekend.

Now go and enjoy Orca and the Broads (but don't forget to keep us informed in words and pictures)

cheersbar

• Like 5

Thanks Guys! 

(Dad My steering is never Zig zagging.. Unless I'm reaching for my beer... (Disclaimer: Any Beer looking substance seen through the wheelhouse windows whilst the boat is in motion is erm apple juice.. yup apple juice.. shandy at worst..).

Everything's is all set.. Although I'm just waiting for the toll plaques which some cocky supplier said would take a week (and the pesky toll!). The new propeller fits! She's all loaded and waiting..

So let's do a final countdown!! 

4 days to go!!

:party1: 

• Like 8

Lol I'm not quite sure excited is the word.. Stressing is probably more like it. I'm just waiting to hear back from the transport company that they are all set (although they should be).  As Iain said I just hope saturday comes along quickly and smoothly! (although at least we are paying professionals to move it), then fingers crossed all the running gears behaves that weekend.. I need a beach holiday I think! 

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Steve, The lorry will arrive (I spoke to the drive this evening) here at 7am, It should only take 30 mins or so to load up and start the 3-4 hour drive up! So arriving into somerleyton for about 11 - 12.

Are you going up this weekend? 

cheers

Shame you've had to go up :( if we get up there early we will try run round and give you a hand. The ciggy lighter is probably just a fuse (if it's damaged I think I've got spares on board) and the water may just need the hose clip tightening or a new one, worst one maybe a new bit of hose. I'm not sure if we will follow the lorry all the way though, I'll text you when we are getting close (Oh watch out my parents will be about that day too.. :hardhat: ).

48 hours to go!!

:party1:

:shocked

• Like 4

Well done.  Now the proper fun starts - enjoying the fruits etc.

Oh and you have to keep her maintained to the high standard you set yourself.  Then there will inevitably be those moments like ' I should have done that differently' must change / upgrade it!

Which of course is all part of the fun!

Enjoy and see you afloat sometime

Griff

• Like 4

Thank you for the kind words Griff. We will certainly try and keep her maintained, it will be a bit harder now she's not in the back garden lol but it just means more time in norfolk I guess which just sucks  :liar: lol, the want list is already starting to grow.. I think a anchor winch will be top of the list!

Good luck with your recent bits too I'm watching with interest! Looking forward to finally catching you one day as I've not seen B.A yet :)

cheersbar  

• Like 2

Not another count down Lol, it will be David and Simon (Betweenthesedge) next.

Now, just calm down dear, everything will go swimmingly (not literally Lol) and when you are both sitting on Orca with a beer on Saturday night you will be wondering what all the fuss was about, I just can't believe there's only 48 hours to go  :clap and don't forget the photos please  ;)

Grace  :kiss

• Like 3

Lol Maybe we need a countdown timer app on the forum! (there's an idea!). 

Thanks Grace... i'm feeling confident now but certainly can't wait for Saturday evening when it's all over, the dust has settled and it hits us that we are actually in norfolk! (or is that suffolk grr lol). I'm going to dig out my camera so I promise I'll get tons of Pictures and the first few posts on the "Adventures of Orca" may even be almost Live!.. (I think we are at 46 hours now lol) cheers

• Like 3

Alan & Dave

Just want to wish you luck for the weekend. Im sure all will go well.

Its been a long time coming and a lot of hard work has been done to get to this point but it will all be worth it once you get to Suffolk and onto your mooring

I'll be keeping a look out when we head back towards Brundall on the 1st May (although I don't know if you can see the marina from the river)

• Like 4

Thank you for the kind words David. (Don't forget Orca is in a secure area to protect against OrcaFans! although she maybe visible from the river or from the path  to the village (and pub!) from the BA moorings ) But David we are coming up on 1st May. We will probably be up quite early so could meet up for a quick personal tour :) I'm not sure which way we will go although maybe up towards Loddon or Rockland so maybe Cruise in Company for a bit :)

cheers 

• Like 1