Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

Glad all went well for you both. Those new 12v sockets I put in yesterday after you left the marina worked a treat mate. Used the 15A cable and fitted a 10A fuse, thanks to your input I will run new cables ASAP.

I was good to be there and see both Dave and your faces as Orca was lowered in to the water.You should both be very proud of yourselves, well done guys ;)

cheers

Steve

• Like 4

cheers Steve, it was good to see you there too! Glad you got the bits sorted and we will certainly be about when you need more help :)

Ok Guys so I guess as she's now floating on her Suffolk mooring then this is the end!  I'll write up this weekends adventure on the other post!

Those members who haven't followed us if you scroll back to the first page you will see what state the boat in! A very good friend of ours (whom was thankfully in Suffolk to see us arrive) gave us the boat for the nominal value but we had to obviously do all this work to finish it. It has been a long 16 month project but we are
both pleased we completed it, although there's still the odd jobs left to do but it's certainly finished for the time being!

I want to just say a few thanks!

• A massive thanks to the members, Jonzo and Mods on this forum for allowing and following this thread! (Without your support we would struggled!
  • A special thanks to the members of Hoo Ness Yacht club for allowing a pesky motor boat in the club!

To conclude and to help readers who have made it to this page here's a list of suppliers we used and highly recommend, just in case you are wondering!:

Chandlery and general items, (Our local Chandlers, Pirates Cave), Dauntless chandlers on Canvey Island, Norfolk based; ASAP Supplies and Brian Wards!).

Timber provided by (Our local timber yard - Morgans timber), Lathams timber in Essex, Robbins Timber in Bristol (and Probably a bit of B&Q :) )

Headlining/sidelinging/Vinyl seating material from Hawke house.  Foam from internet based efoam.

Heating from Brundall based JPC Direct.

Engine spares from Vetus.

Sonic Sillette Outdrive parts direct from Sillette.

Transport from Dartford Based - G-force Transport 

Ok so guys....

"Thats all folks"

Don't forget to follow "" (and see the second half of this weekends events!)

post-28066-0-99465900-1429457874_thumb.j

post-28066-0-39683700-1429457890_thumb.j

post-28066-0-99186300-1429457905_thumb.j

post-28066-0-76600700-1429457923_thumb.j

post-28066-0-88265000-1429457945_thumb.j

post-28066-0-57955900-1429457958_thumb.j

post-28066-0-31392000-1429457975_thumb.j

• Like 9

Hello All, I have just sent Alan 32 photo of Orca launch yesterday and cruising today  :wave . I hope he will put them on line for you all to see and for you Grace :party: . The photos show step by step of Orca going into the water, enjoy, because I had tears in my eyes  :cry  :cry .

It was a day to remember and us parents are very proud of them both  :kiss .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 5

Brilliant

I'm really pleased everything went well for you both I felt really proud of you both when you appeared on the WRC webcam last night. only sorry I missed you on the Oulton webcam this morning

you've done a great job

but what have we got to look forward to at weekends now???

(well I know what I have to look forward to next weekend :Stinky )

but what about the rest of the year

Great job guys

:band

• Like 3

Hi David!

Thanks for your kind words. It certainly is a very strange feeling and we are pleased its a happy ending though and shes moored up without too many problems.. :)

I'm glad we made it over to the WRC I didn't expect we would go out but it needed a test run! I'm glad you saw us on the webcam! Shame you didn't see us on the oulton one. Unfortunatly my parents wanted to get back as they have a long run, although oulton is only an hour from the mooring so we will be back soon! 

Don't forget you have the Adventures of Orca to follow now (hopefully its worth following!!)

Thanks again :)cheers

• Like 2