woods best boat ...........

650xs

welll went in today and told yuong matt what to do ...........................put the kettle on he said i agreed and there we sat for hrs don,t tell the owner .......1!!!!!!

naa not really ................

as per norm i toook the pic and he did the works

last orf paint orf today and no more issues than what we already know owner duly notified and was pleased

post-24077-0-17823100-1388683648_thumb.j

nar than upto date report orf the ole girl .........

main man boat builder is ill .......get well soon uncle "al"

matt all dun the strip thing and decided it would be good idea to grind up the stripping and put back on for othnatisity...and all that ole tuut ......

now a pic orf the saving in that BARROEW

and afull length of wood stripped wood hull

does need some sanding to get her ole shape back too...

get rid orf them ol flatt bad thames planks .....!!!!!

post-24077-0-50340900-1388769722_thumb.j

post-24077-0-93312100-1388769791_thumb.j

• Like 1

rite starboard deck is nearly peeled now .................

and blow mw side ways ole water tank is a leaker too 

leaking on welds ,it been dripping for a time or so .....

pooor quliaty stainless and not enough weld more fused together than welded i fear 

where the water tank sit is a huge gap which owner, who was with us yesterday for inspections  agreed we increase water capacity ti fill the void 

may one orrf are super duupper plastic tanks that do so well

now the ole hull is stripped i will dose her in the 5* again so it goes into the bare wood exposed, nice bath for queen ..............

quick discussion with owner yesterday about the cabin side s and its agreed that wee too go for solid mahog new sides back to original look and windows lookin the corrrect way too

ahhh she do loook bare at mo ..........................

• 2 weeks later...

poor ole queen she is now 2/4 no decks

we have now found the reason for sag in port deck next to saloon

at sum time she a had a little fire and lots orf ol charcoal wood was found under the two layers orf the crap deck

whaen it happened the ole top part orf the deck wasok ish so some one dug oot the ply base and stuffed a bit or two orf ply to under side to look like it supported the laid decks ...

ummm............. well disguised and done, but what a find it was

rear decks all off and no more probs there apart from one ole broken hull rib and no sauce .......!!!!!

post-24077-0-12005800-1389889566_thumb.j

:bow  650xs. Since you and many other forum members give me the impression that only wooden boats are 'real' ones, then you should all look at item 181301050258 on e bay.  I suppose a few days work and she would be back in the water?!!  Regards Alan :wave

• Like 1

ahhh already made noise on this one last year .........

got lots to do at mo so busy for a year or two will need another shed soon and bigger yard and more staff

proper good boat builders with history no new fit out boys no good to me ...........

thanks alan .....

dear queen will have her new cabins sides in a dark foreign wood orf sum sort soon

new decks dun a little better than last time we hope and with a bit better quality ply too.......

I,m sure it would orf been better with sum ole shuttering ply and felt ..........

only a last ten foot to peel orf by hand and gently does it ole " al "is a patient man to sit and peel all that ......I,m bored now and orf to do sum thing else ,that would orf been me ..!!!!!!

all dun by hand chisel ,electric parting tool and screw drivers and a ole hammer yer know........

noo more ole fire damage found so " mr b" will be pleased

need to look at the ole feul tank abit closer amd see if yer need a change ole steeli one and look a bit scuffy with rust on top and lots orf flaky ole bitsd too

will check rest orf ole ribs too and top orf planks now can see more .......

well all bare now ,all decks are off and front half of cabin side removed too

all new works dun in 90s were rubbish with rubbish wood grade and poor quiality ply woods etc .................

new rail will be made to suit new cabin sides ,new hoppers and all trim all new kant rails and roof trim too.....

port holes all out and stored ................

most orf this has been unsrewed to keep the integrity orf the ole girl and not to disturb to much and keep the strees and strain dun to amin.............

slow and steady wins the day ..................................

at least the top planks are all good and no more broken ribs too...........

one little losse joint which was screwed and glued on a top plank joint next to ole bog house ...............!!!

now can see how the ole rebuild last time was dun a bit diy house builder stylee,with small joints loose ones and gap all over ........ahhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

new deck beams needed too and carlins

post-24077-0-76433600-1390415342_thumb.j

post-24077-0-15096900-1390415456_thumb.j

post-24077-0-45985400-1390415551_thumb.j

• Like 2

poor ole cmaera i go through about a 4/6 a year so ai,m not laoud a new one yet 

so still on me ole phun ...............

so what yer sayinng me ole drinkl habbit shows .................

hick up ............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ohh land iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...............uppppppppppp

burrrrrrrrpppppppppppppp.......................................

that why i don,t race no more too much in the blood ..............hick uppppppppppppp.........

well must goo got a bottle orf white litghteeeen with name on it ..................

naaarrrrr kan,t say aweek to type ee..................

• Like 1

back to queen.......................

she has no port sides deck at all ............................

all port holes removed and elecs and gas pipe from inside the cabin sides....................

we can now see the way some tried to build the cabin side on no nice alrite for a shud....!!!!

the sagging deck next to saloon will be lifted to sum sort orf correct hight................

couple orf silly little edges to planks split and now repaired along with one or two bad scraf joints all glued with ole epoxie .......

the rest orf the crap left inside was removed old tins orf paint waiting to explode glues gorne orf and yes the last owner did treat her a half tin orf me fav 5*,good ole boy he did listen then ......

the inside will be cleared orf all the debri left from removing the decks and cabin side ,as the floors are all eaasliy access and the ole hoover will collect with ease so looking abit orf mess at mo .....................

post-24077-0-28718500-1390636916_thumb.j

post-24077-0-16284500-1390637033_thumb.j

post-24077-0-10906900-1390637101_thumb.j

re pics yes it yuo alan ........................................blimmey yer good here thaw and everywhere

queen is going great guns .......................

both cabin side are complete removed along with the degradedbeams crappy carlins and deck supports etc

the new wood has been ordered and next week see a two full days orf rough cutting and running through a planner to tidy wood up

we have got some issuse with the bulk heads which were hiding with covering boards to help strenghten them or hide degraded wood .....??????!!!!!!!!!

so about bulk heads are to have sraff new wood in to rebuild .......

there are screws and bitts orf wood all in the bilges which are ready now to clean up ,a couple more sprays in areas not able to get to will be sprayed orf coarse with the ole 5* treatment

the cabin side are to be solid and the decks are to be marine ply grade with resin coates and laid cloth" biaxal " with resin too, all resins are to be epoxy and glues some mixes orf two packs and moisture cure

still trying to decide about the rear windows configuration in the rear cabin and the rear cabin is to have a double bed instead orf two singles now .........................

all new rails, covering boards deck suppports and upper deck beams hopppers toe rail upper rubber strake all to be made

rear port holes are gone now and the tiles in the wood burner surround ar to be changed along with wood burner it self

modern galley is staying but new top slash back as rott and wet wood had crept in there tooo......................................

new fuel and water tanks are being made drawing done and sent to the welder for fabricating all stainless on this none ...........................

more in next few weeks ..........................

post-24077-0-51884200-1391245496_thumb.j

post-24077-0-80786400-1391245639_thumb.j

post-24077-0-95732900-1391245726_thumb.j

• Like 2

more boring pics for yer to look at ......

this is a section orf the cabin side removed reason for this is the poor ply has given up and the mr and mrs strengths family have moved on .......

its a shame as the port side was in better shape

but the owner has said when it s dun it s dun .......

post-24077-0-39197600-1391289901_thumb.j

Poor thing!

Thats a lot of work there jon! I dread to think how much that is costing...

Brings back memories though... (this is Jessica, (the previous project) when we turned the corner...).

Thank goodnesss we have now gone to plastic...

Poor thing!

Thats a lot of work there jon! I dread to think how much that is costing...

Brings back memories though... (this is Jessica, (the previous project) when we turned the corner...).

Thank goodnesss we have now gone to plastic...

I forgot to click the other button!

post-28066-0-19489800-1391326840_thumb.j

• 10 months later...

blimmey neglected this one a bit so up date for ole queen 

well work have gone on all year on her 

she has new roof ,decks and beams 

new cabin side 

new correct window style 

new scrim on roof s

inside is coming along with a new paint job and tidy up 

all new feul and water tanks 

hull had been sanded back into shape and some dogey planks removed 

wheel house foof removed cleaned and under coated ready to paint 

all joints glued and epoxy 

stainless screws and all painted and sealed bared woood inside and out 

all new beams are mahog or oak 

all plywood is top grade marine

paints and epoxy are top too no cheapie stuff here 

she had alot more hidded stuff to correct and alot more time and money needed for this one 

bottom still do do will be last as is in good order too 

just for info sha has had three dosing of five star all over of coarse 

more pics to come bit short on time must get to work ........

bit mixed up sorry ,but yer get the gist .....

post-24077-0-93541500-1420012730_thumb.j

post-24077-0-15562600-1420012858_thumb.j

post-24077-0-39828700-1420013041_thumb.j

post-24077-0-62169200-1420013123_thumb.j

post-24077-0-87771300-1420013218_thumb.j

post-24077-0-82340900-1420013395_thumb.j

post-24077-0-38873100-1420013519_thumb.j

post-24077-0-54877400-1420013613_thumb.j

• Like 6