project broom............

650xs

welll blast me i,m going to hogg this section ..................................

new years resolution get on with it ........"well might make a start "

here goes ....................

i part own a large broom wooden cruiser she is one orf four built ..................

she is 45 foot long and wide as a wide thing too..............

the story begins ....................

me ole mate who owns it send me a message ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,err what about this one ..............a few years ago now via the techno thing telephun thing

i look at it and say its a broom 45, look in a state poor ole girl .........................

so with a mad rush round and several call later i,m being chauffer driven, collect from yard early hrs to the cider capitol orf the west 

bristol ........................

it was the hootest day orf the year so air con on flatt out and traffic every where,nice to be driven with style in a top orf the range german marc in style ohh how some orf yuo people live .....................

we arived at the boat yard ..........................there in the sun, not gleaming was the beast.......................!!!!!!

so as o would as when yuo arive on any boat yard make my self know to the bruvs who won the yard

good ole boys they are tooo.....................

but do know how to charge for a boat lift ....!!!!!!!!

once shaky hand thing dun and all thta ole sqiit 

we stoood back at the .....way back and got a good ole gorpp at ...........the broooom 45 .........ohh dear 

she was alll there and sitting square too, chocked and looking ok ish ........................

this was taken on the first visit to her way back when ....................

and we were both soper ...............!!!!!!

now look at the loverly transom boarding thing..................

wow it s the nut s......................!!!!!!!

post-24077-0-49562000-1388682503_thumb.j

post-24077-0-80566700-1388682620_thumb.j

• Like 2

rite so once we saw the fantastic rear end and admired we got the ole ladder ooooot and went  aboard to get a general over view orf her ..............

blimmey she big and the decks were so wide .......................ummm nice 

if yer look at the top side yer notice the extended roof front and rear and dodger rail a bit on the high side tooo.......ummmmmm!!!!!!!!

where the rot and how bad is inside top side bottom etc ...............

i now knew i will be here some time ....................get the pocki thing out, tape measure and note pad pen and orf coarse my best tool the camera

lots orf ummm and ahhh from me .................

post-24077-0-27911100-1388682943_thumb.j

post-24077-0-65286700-1388683085_thumb.j

• Like 4

well we look at this in ore and thorght, she would do a turn but not take a five minute job to do ......

what with sagging wheel house roof ,wrong roof on cabin top and the transom and hull hiding alsort too....

I,m on me back now pocki thing in hand and see what she is like below water lots orf patches and tar oozing out orf places where thar shuddut ..........

never mind still got a prop and the engine is in there somewhere too....

whilst back in wheel house and tinkering with switches and knobs like two little boys in dads car pulling stuff and twidderling swithes till some thang happened we accidentlyy got the starter to engage the engine and with out as much as a warning she burst into life ..........blimmey did,nt expect that ....

quick see oil up and no noise nasty ,switch her orf and sit there with a grin on our faces too......

good ole 6 cylinder ford burst into life..........yippee...

ford give yer more ....!!!!!

more to come .........

remember this was a little while back .........

this boat took a while to get to my yard yer know .....

• Like 1

nar then ........

we agreed after alittle loooksi and dicusion we could bring her back to life.....

so quick phun call to seller and agree price, yet he was in a different planet and not a boat man at all had,t even seen the boat, he bourght it via internet to sell on again and make money

lucky him ........

so after some negoation etc the deal went a bit out to sea .....so fell orrf the ole cliff

I was disappointed and my partner said no worries it will come up gain soon ..............ummmmmmmmmm

well low and behold a year later she up for grabs and with out a word to her indoors and my partner I had to grab her knowing she was hopfully still in complete state as we left her last

ohh dear ........I was wrong ........

quick as a flash drove back to Bristol and break neck speeds and payed the last owner, number three in only 10 months or so

he had lost heart and broken bones from accident so was unable to finish the ole beast .........

the transom was gorne .......some planks missing from port side internal well a grenade had gorne orff......no galley missing fitting and floors and bulkheads everywhere

hole in roof windows blown oot too......

engine in bits etc etc etc .........

ahh well just the way I like them ........

so whilst wife look on in what the xxxx ...and phun in other hand explaining to partner ,well she is a little worse

I,ve seen worse.......!!!!!!!!!

look no galley, **** the goblins had taken it away to fairey land .....

and now the yard need paying as well bit orf a spend out on that day ......

ahhh well at least the silly steps had gone.......

post-24077-0-56716400-1389200992_thumb.j

post-24077-0-93167500-1389201133_thumb.j

now what the hell is my boat partner ole mate going to say ...

see what I got now .......????????

she then sat for a further few months and more till we were ready to get her back to our home ere .....

that was another story ......

thankfully he agreed once he was back from jetting around the world he would not break me arms and send in the boys ..!!!

• 2 weeks later...

nar then we went to collect the ole girl a while later ...................

so i asked me ole mate matt to help with the temp plank work and windoe repair and support to the ole broom lift at the darkest bristolin place on earth ......

my wife raun ruud the place to find me sum whaere to sleep for two day or sooo

i said i kipp onn the boot but the wife and matt looked in disguss and said sharing with those hard **** rats at sharpnees woudtn,t let me share .....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

so she fund agarn ole posh plasse for me and me bunk mate matt .....

we set orf early huur to get to bristolland asap .................

what really happened the day whizzed by and we left at 2.30 ish for the foreign land 

matt fell asleep and i drve the posh car to destination .................

so a lttle timne late rthe remote fun gooos it the wiffee ....

are yuo near there yut ..................????

yep just stood next to boot naw .............

no realllly hwere are u.......????

so i put the phun thinghy to matt and he assaid ......yep we are on traget ..........

the wiffe swore and said poor ole car and how many speed tickets .............!!!!!!

it was a bout 4.45..pm 

i,m a king at low level flying.............

fast on water and on land .......................tooooo...........

then the pig story  begins ..........................   next ..............

we made our self nown to the yard and genarilise me intention for next two days ....

all hand shuuk and storie swopped, we set orf to   the posh ole band b ......

it was dark by naw and the front door was rung a few times only to hear shout orf the side orf the paddock cum farm land to us sayinnn..........................

oh eeee...............i,ll be thaw in ha moment .............

this lovely lady trotted across the paddock and made he self known to us and said she will open the door .........................

dressed is wellis farm stylee cloth and a wolly hat on her head good ole farm girl 

mud and glove and bonfire a burning with fork in hand .....

once joolities were exchanged she explained i hope yer like pigs cuzz all sasages are from ere yer naw ...............no veggie ones ...................

we smiled and agreed ......shown our room and set our bags dun for intruc to nearest walkin eatery....................

yuo love pigs she said ,,,,,,,,,,we said love toooo...........................

next ther was a commotion going on out side to only be descibed as a screamming match cum fight ............restling ...............kicking orf the wooden fences and gates etc around 

so we being nosey had alook only  to be met by the other partner of the b and b .....

she was doing the restling and pushing and swearing and sayin hello to us , then explained  little jemima dosn,t want to go in the trailer for the slaughter tomoor..............

we offered, bieing gents to help, but she said no worries i,ll do it in the morn when ive had rest ................................pheeew.........................poor ole pig .....

jemmia  was let goo to run around the back to prepar for fight in morn ...........

round two......

walk to pub ....................orf we go only about 3/4 miles so advised the pig killer  and the dim light  got brighter as we walked to the pub,  fed and drank ready for our ole hard work day next morn 

3/4 my ares more 4 miles ........................

bloody cold frost and worn feet, tempted to get taxi back, but we did it  for two nites on foot ....

do yer love bacon ..........................!!!!!!!!..??????

sasages were nice in morn and the little ole pig went orf for ride dun the rudd early hors and we heard nowt......... sqeeeeeeeeeeeellll.......honk honk........snort snort .,......