Best 2 Berth Boat

Gracie

Looking to hire a 2 berth Boat for a  break with my husband (no kids yay) Richardsons being the preferred yard. Have hired Star Gem and Broadland Wave in the past both fantastic Boats but we always hire a different Boat for each holiday. Been looking at Broadland Lass and Salerno, any other ideas would be great.

Requirements are nothing posh just plenty of room and comfy.

Grace

Silverline Marine have a some lovely 2 berth craft which really are the biz!

See here:- http://www.silverlinemarine.co.uk/hirefleet/hirefleet.html

We have hired from them and they are well looked after, as you will be, by

Colin, Lesley and Robert. Can recommend Silver Myth and Mystique.

Ok, On the south broads but maybe worth a look. Highly recommended by

anyone who has used them.

(Sorry Clive  :cool: )

• Like 1

Hi Grace,

We have freinds who have hired from Silverline who have hired two boats for their holidays on the Broads a number of times and have always found them first class.

I can understand that you are trying to boost your loyalty bonus with Richardsons and they do have great offers, so you should be able to sort out a good deal.

When are thinking about?

Regards

Alan

Yes have looked at Silverline and very nice Boats indeed, just got a huge soft spot for Richardsons, first ever hire boat we had was from them and yes the loyalty Card does help Lol.

We are having the usual family holiday in August but hoping for October for just the two of us.

Thanks for the replies guys

Grace

• Like 1

I've hired Salerno in the past Gracie and its very good value having had a complete refit and new engine a few years ago. For 2 I'd also recommend Symphony which has had the flooring done and looks great. Top of my wish list would be Broads Suncharm but it depends on your budget. My view is Broadland Lass is rather long in the tooth and could do with a refit. Let us know what you go for, you won't go far wrong whatever. I'm out myself October 2-7 on Broadland Wave 2.

Symphony looks lovely, don't know which Boat to choose now thanks a lot guys haha.

Have you hired a Broadland Wave before Simon? A lovely Boat, great for fishing and sitting outside in the evening with a drink or two. Hope you enjoy her as much as we did.

Grace

• Like 1

Would strongly recommend Silverline Myth, we hired many boats from Colin etc. In fact I tried to con Rob into selling Myth to us.

The problem with Myth is everybody seems to re-book immediately. A good win and we will ask for them to build one for us.

They are responsible for us buying our own boat after hiring Melody.

Try the south/polite side the only problem mooring is Reedham or Loddon.

paul

I have hired from Richardsons in the past and have to say they offer excellent service and value for money.

However in recent years I’ve been hiring from Swancraft. In terms of sheer luxury for two, their Swan Radiance takes some beating. However we have also booked Swan Royale in June which is an older boat but meticulously maintained and offers excellent value for money. It will accommodate four but is very comfortable for two. I would recommend Swancraft every time for quality and service. :bow 

cheersbar 

post-38-0-37886000-1389265482_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-66609600-1389265501_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thankyou Norfolknog, anything that floats on the Broads does it for me, I just find Richardsons to be such good value and you have the choice of budget, middle of the road and luxury Boats. We have hired from Herbert Woods and Fen Craft in Brundall now sadly gone but keep coming back to Richardsons. I don't mind a bit of luxury but do find the older Boats have more character and just enjoy them more. Having said that if Husband was to hire  the Broadsman or Carousel who am I to moan Lol

Grace

Depending which Star Gem you have hired, I think it is Star Gem4 (Z300) I hired many times when it was in the AJ Fleet at Acle (Shallon2). Like all these boats I am sure Richos have refitted it back out to a good standard. Its very roomy for two, in my day it had a recliner chair, yes even in the 80's! lol Comfort of a very high order. Breakfast bar was handy also then, Being 6ft tall though, I found the bed a tad tight, perhaps this also has been upgraded. I am sure you will have a great holiday on Star Gem, enjoy!