1.5 BMC For sale.

Hi all,

As we have a nice new engine for our sabre project we are trying to sale the 1.5 bmc which came with it. We haven't run it up yet but aim to over the weekend and at the same time I'm going to give it a paint! (I even brought a put of BMC paint for it!) But It will be sold as running (and painted!).  

Pros: its got two alternators (two 45amps I think) It's meant to be reconditioned, although we can't confirm that and the marine engineer we got it off can't confirm either although that's what he was told when he brought it (so not sure why I'm saying that?!).  We will ensure its run for a good time before selling!

Cons: Condition is unknown (other than confirming its run), there's no gear box included, it has a water pump but its not attached (you need to remove one of the alternators apparently to install this - We can maybe do this for you I guess).  I'm not sure how we will load this for you, you may need to hire the crane to load it :(

We are looking for £1200ono. 

I'm going to stick on ebay next week but just want to give heads up here as I understand these are sought after.

If you have any questions please message me and we will try and answer. 

Hi Mark,

We do (kinda/maybe) have a gearbox for it. The engine going in the boat is a M4.15 Vetus and it has a new box with that which we wont need (as the boat has an outdrive). But I was hoping on selling that on later, plus I guess that will need some work to join together and we would rather spend time on the boat. (Plus my parents boat is a bad hydraulic conversion and that box would fit that.. if I can just find the energy to explain to them that they should use that box!!).

I'll be happy to get somewhere near £1200 though. It doesn't owe us this though so open to offers. (although I've stuck on ebay for a week at £1200 to see what it does).

Kind regards, Alan

I was trying my luck Mark ;) We had interest but we want it gone really. Ideally it owes £800 but I know making money out of boats is impossible! So £650 - £700 would be OK.. You sure you don't want it? it's hand painted!

I was trying my luck Mark ;) We had interest but we want it gone really. Ideally it owes £800 but I know making money out of boats is impossible! So £650 - £700 would be OK.. You sure you don't want it? it's hand painted!

Nope I really do not want it, I know of a day boat that needs a engine but this is a bit on the big side for that! there is a regular poster on here whom runs a yard at Wayford bridge he will have a gearbox and could make a pound or two but Im not sure there would be enough profit to prick his interest.

• Like 1

don,t do the green engines ...................arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

change the paint make it run nice and yer migh get sum where 

ive got loads .......................

i got a gm 10 or two .............????...........is that an add......?????..!!!!!!

tongue in check and for a rise too................

come get with it ...........................

good luck with yer engine sale mr orwca.................

don,t do the green engines ...................arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

change the paint make it run nice and yer migh get sum where 

ive got loads .......................

i got a gm 10 or two .............????...........is that an add......?????..!!!!!!

tongue in check and for a rise too................

come get with it ...........................

good luck with yer engine sale mr orwca.................

You are allowed to advertise as you have paid for the privilege. I was aware or your GM10(s) and had passed on this info but the person whom requires one is not good at parting with money!

• Like 1

Lol thanks to you both. I would paint it blue or yellow if you want but I'll have to add another £50 for the pain!

Hopefully it will go at some point. Ebay seems really slow although its still early in the year I guess. I don't really want to put a gear box on but if it doesn't shift then maybe if I look for one at a jumble (Someone must have an old one used as an anchor!).

You are allowed to advertise as you have paid for the privilege. I was aware or your GM10(s) and had passed on this info but the person whom requires one is not good at parting with money!

yes i do pay and have always put in my bit to all my efforts in the internet world 

if i require to pay more than i will.........................

is that an add..............???????

ohh how we laugh ..............

one good thing about this site is the fact yuo can jess ..............unlike 98%orf grumpies on other broads related sites ,who are so still .......

• Like 3

I know you've clearly said that you want to sell it quickly, but if you could delay till Spring fitting out, you'd stand a much better chance.

If you search the  "completed listings" for "BMC" in "Boats engines and Motors" on Ebay where you have it listed, they're not going for much over the Winter, even complete with gearboxes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Boat-Engines-Motors-/56422/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bmc&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Thanks Strowager, I was thinking the same.. I've listed other bits and had no interest (and this is stuff that has sold quickly before).  

Problem is though that we are looking at moving the boat from this boat yard into the yacht club which doesn't really permit storage and living on a boat too means I have no space so once we move I'll have to probably pay for storage.  Hopefully people will start spending soon.. 

yes i do pay and have always put in my bit to all my efforts in the internet world 

if i require to pay more than i will.........................

is that an add..............???????

ohh how we laugh ..............

one good thing about this site is the fact yuo can jess ..............unlike 98%orf grumpies on other broads related sites ,who are so still .......

Jon, Good Morning.

I can't do the 'ole Norfolk bit, as you do so well, and I've lived here for 34 years!

But I read all the lovely stuff you write on here and it's always a pleasure to read your narratives... we'll be 'oop North in early May for our Spring Cruise and would love to come and meet you.

Who knows, you may find something to do to Friday Girl!   :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

MrOrca, try that "Nice" Mr Osborne at 11 Downing Street, he may buy the engine off you, after all, according to him we are rolling in it again! :naughty:  :naughty:

Love to see him try and lift this into the back of his land rover!

• 2 weeks later...