Silver Spirit

Mandybstorm

Hi everyone,

Just booked again for the 30th August. Not bringing the dogs this year so that we can get out and about a bit more and visit places that are not dog friendly.

We have booked the Silver spirit we I believe has had a refurb. has anyone used this boat before or seen her since the refurb. Nice low boat so no problem with bridges this year. We had platinium emblem last year which was very swish but quite restrictive due to the height. 229 days to go!!!!

Hi Mandy,

As Jonzo has pointed out with his link this craft has been refurbed to a high standard by the looks of the pictures.

The galley is not great but who wants to cook on holiday, make the best use you can of the local pubs.

When we have hired Narrow Boats, the first thing we ask the boat yard to do is remove the micro wave to gain extra storage.

Regards

Alan

Just looked at Jonzo's link and wow what a lovely Boat, need my numbers to come up.

Think you will find that Silverline is highly regarded on here, totally agree with Alan about cooking on holiday, we tend to have our main meal at one of the pubs and no washing up yay

Grace

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. She looks a great boat. Looking forward to it already. It will be nice to reach some of the places we couldnt get to last year. We were going to book in greece but my 12 year old pulled a face and said he just wanted to come to the broads again! Also bringing 18 year old son and the girlfriend! So thats the mooring up, water filling and washing up sorted!

We have had the fair countess, superior gem and the platinum emblem in the past so a bit of variety of styles. We do tend to eat mostly on the boat though mainly due to a cash shortage and a very fussy child. Im a veggie too so tend to make a lot of curries and soups. Last year i even baked bread and cheese scones en route! We dont have a lot of spare cash so try to get the best boat we can afford and then scrimp a bit on eating out ect.. We do a lot of walking and looking for free places to visit.

I judge a boat mainly on its toilet!!! This is due to a rather unfortunate and smelly toilet incident whilst on the superior gem. This was imprinted on my memory and nostrils forever!!! So looking forward to getting on the boat and checking out the lavvy.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Loribear, We booked through hoseasons and got an early booking discount so got it a few hundred pounds cheaper than listed on their website. Plus I ran it through quidco so got another £60 cashback! Got teenage son and girlfriend coming so the three separate bedrooms was a must if you know what I mean :shocked The two fridges also caught my eye, one for my veggie food and gin and the other for whatever the other lot want to eat!!!

Mandy

xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi loribear

So sorry only just spotted your question from feb!!! Yes quidco is great! If you buy things online you get a percentage back, sometimes as high as 6 or 7% it is paid straight into your bank account every few weeks. We always put our greenflag breakdown, car insurance, holidays even dog food through quidco. I got £40 back from a years greenflag and £50 on car insurance, £60 on broads holiday. Well worth it. Xx