hogg this section......!

650xs

as the title suggest .....i,m hogging this section...............!!!!!

its all a play on words tooo...................hogg...............!!!

the real title should be, " not another one " ...............................

i,m so very pleased to announce that we have under our umbrella orf a boat yard repair for wooden boat s

we have now got ...."picken jack "................

a well admired gentlmans cruiser from the 1920s................

its taken sum time to get the boat here with us a complete the new ownership too....

what a boot she is too .................

a little history built around the 1920s and completed and launched in 1923 for the brooks boat yard for him self

named after the two grandsons orf the afore mentioned boat yard owner, it was there nick names that gave the name to the boat ......

she has had several owners over the years 8 in total and last current owner since 1980s some thirty odd years

a purpose built boat for the region waters ......................

picken jack .........................what a stunner .............................

i will give a little more orf her history and info as we go long the road to her restoration and tidy up

she is currently with me at our yard and we have started to sort one or two thing out

all i can say is ........."well done " Mr B " your a star to rescue this one ...............

the current owner loves wooden boats orf the broads and the broadland area, he is willing to save some orf the local heritage and our history, keeping local craftsmen in work and proper wooden boat yard skills going for the future .............................

we pleased to help with this boat ...........................

post-24077-0-88236000-1389727910_thumb.j

• Like 4

ohhh yes young frank yer correct tooo...............................

do yer like her toooo.....????

what with the queen and picken and sum other old woodies or two will have are own boot show soon ..........................

now better do sum thang with the ole broom 45 tooo................!!!!!!!

nar where did i put that ole millions .......................

• Like 1

Hi Jon! she's a beautiful looking boat, and I can't wait to see her restored! I remarked to the Mrs about the way she has deteriorated over the last couple of years, the boat that is not the Mrs, I'm not sure if it's the same class but there's a similar looking boat at Barton Turf unless it's the same boat,, not my type of boat far too much work on upkeep for me, but I love seeing all the old classics,

Frank,,,,,

up date on pickenjack ......

she was at barton turf ..........

she has had an engine change in 1933 so now has a overhead cam variant morris proper marine engine of six cylinders only a few made ,run a treat now

original engine was orf coarse a brooks diesel but wasn,t liked so taken out in the 30s

quick visit on her today and she is drying ooot slowly inside

and begin to smell a bit better too ,got some more liquid to feed her ole wood and she is gulping it up too......

hopefully she will bee seen quite abit at events and on the river over this year in various states ...!!!!!

nar then must get on ...........

dear lori bear ,one dosn,t sit todrive this craft .....

one has a crewe to do the helming ...............

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

at the front in the wheel house where the glaas dome is

and to see at back yer stick yer ole neck ooot and shout " oot orf me way " ..........blimming townies

ahoy there.................!!!!!

post-24077-0-92566600-1389793661_thumb.j

• Like 2

ahhh ....................i would if i get the time ...............

these latest boot are not mine ...........................

but i,m sure i might get a trip or two.........!!!!!!

if the famous " mr b" will let me .......................

no sea trip in the broom 45 this year as she won,t be done in time 

but i will take her to thames by river / sea ..............later in life or france ...

picken is to sit with us for a while then ..............????

just back on again today too see the ole drier going ok just as i went hum ........

if nay one has some pics orf her i would love to see.........................

i must admit when i turned round in the river she did take the width up...........

so keep a look out ...................!!!!!

picken is a a lot drier now and warm to its like a glow when yer go on board ......

with heaters all flatt out and dehumaniser going too the floor does look flatter and the beams are better too

not such a damp ole boot as befor ......

the ole engine she do bark every time I,m to ask from the quick twist orf the start button and she fire ......

not happy with the water flow so will sort that one out too

just a bit slow on her at mo as time to spend on others so go on twice aday and odd eve to check all well empty the drum out from dehumaniser and just keep exploring a lot to do and take in on a big ole woodie like this found a couple or secret hole too ......but no golden rivet.....!!!!!

must see if there is a penny in the bilge .......

with thaqnks to yuoung matt we did a little repair on the "picken " today 

found the leaking plank a tiny bit orf rott on a plank near wateer line ............

as a temp repair a quick patch inside wirt sum cotton and goo soon sorted that 

i left the ligth on last nite so batts flatt this morn ........dohhhhhh

big ole chager on soon srted that ooot 

florrs all looose now and bilge exposed too 

still i,m not happy with the improeved dri oot so another day or two to leave till we cover her up complete to keep that ol rain oot 

as yer can see from the starboard side she had  been leaking through the temp winter board to replace windows which has not helped also ....

all the oak panel insie the state room are nearly al in good stae aprt from the odd one from water ingrees from leaking windows ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

post-24077-0-01904300-1390420840_thumb.j

post-24077-0-25883800-1390420954_thumb.j

old woodies shud be out there ..............not sitting in going out once a year .............

picken sat too long ........................

still and stagnate and life less ...................

now when yer step insid eshe fell a bit more welcome ing too...............

gone damp smell, man eating spiders from deepest narfolk land that would killl yer with a blink orf an eye if did,t comply to the the norm and politcal correct ness orf posting on other forums ............................!!!!!!!!!!!!.....??????.....

todays little gripe and winge ..................slippped that in ................!!!!

back to the boot .............................ohhh high jacking me own thread .....!!!!!

shown some old woodie lover on her today with all a gasp and said, err is the prop shaft on the herr..........ohh yes it is ............................

weeping jiont on starboard stopped naw and a bit orf dreiness will appaer in that par orf

bilge.....

some time will osrt out a pic orf her with her side ladder/ boarding steps hanging on the side which have long gone ,but plans a foot to make new which will colaspe and combined rope and wood ....sort orf anyway .......

spent some orf the week with new owner on her this last week ............

he commented on how much drier she is and more welcome to board her know ....

still getting a good amount orf water througth the dehumaniser and bilge pump nw stopped with dripping gland sorted and plank repared temp to stop some orf her little dribbles 

the bilge was first suck out orf years orf dirt and grit from times past ............

one orf my supper dupper aquvac did the job with excess orf so far  plus full ones emtpty  sludge and water trappeed in the bottom orf bilge and inbetween the ribs too......

well blast me she rose a good inch out orf water and sit a bit better too.....

checked on her every day to see any more ingress orf water since little clean oot and hardly nay to complain about .....................

the worst plank below water line from what we can see till we lift her oot is a recent one ,as it was painted and has rotted shame .i reckon contaminated or poor quality wood not maye treated when fitted ,same ole rule applies as i keep harpen on about .......!!!!!!

soak it in good ole 5* star treatment new or old ..............

cover will go on now she has stopped weeing for england ......................

still lookin for pics orf her ....................................