Hacked Off

CooWee

Good Morning each,

I recently had my e-mail addresses hacked and cleared from my address book. and people have been getting e-mails stating I am in Kiev, Ukraine and of course asking for money.  I am still suffering in Melbourne, Australia, it is tough being upside down for so long, but I'll manage. Silliness aside, I am sorry if anyone has been put out by this and I hope you haven't been too inconvenienced.  I have, needless to say, changed my password. :grin:

Keith

Hi Keith.

So I was not the only one!

Martin says, beware of blood to the head, keep wearing the gravity shoes and don't mention the cricket ............

Although I cannot stand the heat, a little more of it here would be much appreciated.

Sue & Martin

G'day,

Thanks John, nuisance, but hopefully nothing more than that.

Sue&Martin,  Sorry it happened to you as well Sue, as for the cricket 5 - 0 and 4 - 1 doesn't flatter the Aussies either.  I saw the second day of the 4th test at the MCG, possibly England's best day of the whole series, but a woeful batting display on the third day meant it was curtains again.  Worst of all England have been so bad that many Aussies feel sorry for us. Sacrilege!!  Being a glutton for punishment I am going to  the T20 bash on Friday evening, more to see the MCG under floodlights I think.  A bit of useless information for you the floodlights are the tallest of any sporting arena in the world(imagine Clarkson saying that).  Temperatures; yesterday it was 42 degrees and the heat intensifies throughout the day, at 1600 it was 40 degrees topping out at 42(might have been 44 come to think of it) around 1800. When it gets that hot it feels like standing to close to the fire and not being able to move away.  As for me when it gets that hot I stay out of it.  Today a pleasant middle twenties.  The flight from Singapore to Sydney takes 7hrs 30mins, 4 hours of which is actually flying across Australia, it is a huge country.

Alan, I am fortunate that I have two youngsters to cart me about, so sense of direction isn't an issue for me.  I've been into Melbourne city centre once on the tram, haven't been on the old inner circle one yet.  They even have one sticking out of the ground as a sort of art work, looks quite impressive.

See ya!

Keith

• Like 2

Hi, me again,

I am not sure whether or not it was you Alan, I thought it was, but if you are interested in trams, this may be of interest.

http://blog.thatsmelbourne.com.au/blog/2013/11/01/a-new-kind-of-art-tram-for-melbourne/

If that doesn't work try putting in "Crown Hotel and Tram, Melbourne."  That is how I found it.

Time for tea you breakfast eaters!

Keith

• Like 1

Oh dear John, I felt a tear come to my eye when I read that, whilst gazing out at a clear blue sky with temperature in the high twenties and rising.  Seriously though that weather looks awful and as it does today (Thursday).

Hi Alan, me dope, the clue's in the name of course!  I will try and get an up close and personal photograph, the bogies looked real from a distance, or whatever they call them on trams.

Best wishes,

Keith

I do remember trolley buses, in Brighton in particular, where my grandmother lived, this would be in the fifties.  I remember scheduled trams in Birmingham, only just though, and the terminal building at Rednal still exists.  I said bogies because they remind me of the front wheels of a locomotive.

Lisa has sent sent me a forecast of the weather for Saturday and I do really feel for you guys and gals, and I am not being funny, I know how I'd feel with weather like that, I am lucky to be away from it.

Have a good weekend if possible,

Keith

G'day Keith,

In Sheffield it is sunny this morning, it won't last, this is one of the first breaks in the weather we have had all week. Rain and more rain.

Trolley buses were a thing that Rotherham had, I can remember as a child being driven through the centre of Rotherham that there were so many cables and wires going across and down the streets that it made it look dull.

These buses of course could go all over the road unlike the trams.

The old trams in Sheffield ceased service on the 8th October 1960 and Supertram started its first phase of service on 21st March 1994 from the City Centre to Meadowhall.

Regards

Alan