Heating Oil at 17 month low!

Now can you report the same price for petrol & diesel?  :naughty:

Funny you should ask that....

I've been getting road diesel for just under a pound a litre for the last six months or so.   :naughty:

At last, one the many and convoluted sales promotions have fallen in my favour.

Since last Summer, Tesco have been operating a scheme where you gain 1P per litre discount on fuel for every £20 you spend on shopping.  The points can be accumulated for up to two months.

My car has a 12 gallon tank and does 60mpg, and I'm retired, so I can fill up every two months.( 600 miles or so).

Last week my diesel was 95P a litre !!

No Oil or Gas here.

Could you now please fine me a great deal on coal and logs!

As for diesel I have just changed vehicle and my Vito does about 200miles more on the same amount of fuel as my old Mitsubishi! best move I have made changing from the old fuel guzzler now I might make a profit.  I too can get about 600 stop start around Norfolk miles on a tank (no Moterways ere!) but I do have to fill up every 3 weeks.

.....Could you now please fine me a great deal on coal and logs!....

Strangely enough, I've just found out where all my local log suppliers have disappeared to !   :)

Over the past ten years or so, the number of firewood sellers has been dwindling away in yellow pages.

Each Winter I've had less and less choice, and the prices have steadily climbed.

I then had a flash of inspiration, and typed "firewood" into an Ebay search box and then sorted the list by distance, nearest first.

It came up with about a dozen cheaper suppliers, all within 20 miles. (hardwood too !)

Strangely enough, I've just found out where all my local log suppliers have disappeared to !   :)

Over the past ten years or so, the number of firewood sellers has been dwindling away in yellow pages.

Each Winter I've had less and less choice, and the prices have steadily climbed.

I then had a flash of inspiration, and typed "firewood" into an Ebay search box and then sorted the list by distance, nearest first.

It came up with about a dozen cheaper suppliers, all within 20 miles. (hardwood too !)

Good call, I actually bought my coal this year from a merchant in halifax area via ebay, and had a ton delivered on a pallet (being in my 30's im happy to shift 40 bags of coal)  £50 cheaper than the usual merchant I have used, local ones do not seem to want to want to deal, or maybe they do not need the custom enough! so far I have always collected enough scrap would through jobs to see us through every year, but I think I might end up buying some logs for next winter, unless anyone as a load of timber they want shot of, my fire is always hungry!