A short video of our few days on the Broads.

mickfreakley

A really good film, though it would have been nice to see a bit more of the Wensum beyond the hireboat limit. Really enjoyin watching these sort of film clips. Well done, and thanks for posting it.

Regards to all .......................... Neil.

"Just popped round Wroxham Tackle for a few baits"  -   I thought it was closed season.           May be I have misheard but that is what is sounded like.     Well done for the lovely video.      How far did you go up the river in Norwich?

"Just popped round Wroxham Tackle for a few baits"  -   I thought it was closed season.           May be I have misheard but that is what is sounded like.     Well done for the lovely video.      How far did you go up the river in Norwich?

I bought some baits, i.e. carp boilies for when I return home and fish a lake that is not effected by the closed season. I wondered when someone would mention that.

• Like 2

Hi Mick

We are also anglers and fish local lakes that are not affected by the closed season, would never dream of breaking the rules and fish rivers in that time.

I see that you carp fish with boilies, we fished a local lake the other week and I caught my record carp of 13 pounds and 7 ounces, I was so excited but made a bit of a mess getting it to the bank and my arm ached afterwards Lol, I caught it on a size 14 hook with maggot as bait, luck rather than skill me thinks.

Grace

Hi Mick

We are also anglers and fish local lakes that are not affected by the closed season, would never dream of breaking the rules and fish rivers in that time.

I see that you carp fish with boilies, we fished a local lake the other week and I caught my record carp of 13 pounds and 7 ounces, I was so excited but made a bit of a mess getting it to the bank and my arm ached afterwards Lol, I caught it on a size 14 hook with maggot as bait, luck rather than skill me thinks.

Grace

Thats a great effort Grace, they do fight well. I caught my PB a week of so back, will find a picture for you soon. Well done by the way.

I bought some baits, i.e. carp boilies for when I return home and fish a lake that is not effected by the closed season. I wondered when someone would mention that.

It`s only rivers that are close season, whereas canals and stillwaters are now (and have been for some time) open season year round. So you should be able to fish the North Walsham and Dilham canal, and the Bure and Waveney navigaions in theory?.

OMG Mick that is a fantastic fish, makes my PB look like a minnow ha ha. If I hooked something like that it would probably frighten me half to death, how long did it take to land it and how much did it weigh?

Well bloody done  :clap

Grace

OMG Mick that is a fantastic fish, makes my PB look like a minnow ha ha. If I hooked something like that it would probably frighten me half to death, how long did it take to land it and how much did it weigh?

Well bloody done  :clap

Grace

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  It was 37.06 and took around 10 minutes, I was rather exited at the time :grin: