• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

new member says hi to all, I have a Carebbian

Hi all and thanks for joining your group, I have two boats, a 39ft Carebbian one of only 3 built with an extra long saloon and no spaces out front. I also have a lovely original Cara cruiser which will be offered for salesshortly. I wonder have any members got a service manual or information on my Dennison hydraulic drive in my Carebbian. Kind regards David

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I am based in Ireland on the Barrow river. Love my Caribbean cruiser, to my mind they are one of the very best river cruisers, I am completing a sympathetic restoration. Will upload some photo's when I figure out how to!

kind regards

David 

I've never had a Caribbean apart, but recall that the engines tended to be Perkins 4017/4018 married to a hydraullic pump that was itself immersed in the hyd oil tank which makes them rather difficult to work on, especially in situe.

Do you have a problem with it?

• Like 1

Grace ...young lady....the day I start behaving myself will be a first! :naughty: I think am gettin worse since I offeeshially retired!  Its the scots spellin, why waste ink when four letters will dae...ok :norty: lol

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...