SPEEDTRIPLES PICTURES

SPEEDTRIPLE

Lovely pics, have you got more?          I suppose the Brinks boat being slightly 'hungup' means you have an excuse for not getting out of bed as you keep being pulled back into the bed.     Ideal for when you are 'hung over'. ice slice

• Like 2

Lovely pics, have you got more?          I suppose the Brinks boat being slightly 'hungup' means you have an excuse for not getting out of bed as you keep being pulled back into the bed.     Ideal for when you are 'hung over'. ice slice

Unless they have to give the boat back that tide  :naughty:

• Like 1

:wave hi bill, i like the look of the merlin & the swallow, & would'nt mind hiring one of them,as the merlin is abit of a blast from the past ,when we hired a similar one from chumley & hawk, but what are they like as a company ? & which boat would you say was the best one, out those two ? lori 

• Like 1

:wave hi bill, i like the look of the merlin & the swallow, & would'nt mind hiring one of them,as the merlin is abit of a blast from the past ,when we hired a similar one from chumley & hawk, but what are they like as a company ? & which boat would you say was the best one, out those two ? lori 

Hi Lori,

It all depends on who goes. If it`s a couple, Swallow has a large seperate double cabin, and is bigger and generally more spacious, but Merlin has two singles that convert to a double, but is a bit smaller, but very easy to handle. Personally, i`d always plump for Swallow, as she`s fwd drv and goes under all the bridges without having to lower any screens,, and the best thing is, she handles a real dream, especially if you`re cruising on tickover revs, where some of the more modern and shallower drafted boats, as Swallow has a deep forefoot to the hull. A bit technical i know, but she does handle a dream, and is more spacious than Merlin.  I will say though that Merlin has a bigger galley, but if eating out all the time, it does`nt matter.

As for Maffett Cruisers themselves, i can honestly say we`ve NEVER had a more friendly and personal service anywhere, which is why we will always hire with them. They`re also growing their fleet again, and have a good cross section of aft cockpit, centre cockpit, and forward drive boats both trditional and modern from 2-9 berths, so should have a boat that would suit your needs.

Why not give them a call next time you`re after a boat?, if you`re looking for something this year, i`m sure (if you can be a bit flexible) they`ll have something available.

Their number is    01508 520344,

I forgot to say, all their boats are Friday start, but i think out of the main season, you may be able to get a monday to friday break, or a weekend?.

• Like 2

Hi bill , thanks for the info, might just just give them a ring sometime, cheers . smiley-eatdrink009.gif lori

I very much doubt you`ll be disappointed Lori, if you would like to know any more, ask Maxwellian, as he booked Swallow for a week early last year, on return he tried to book her for 2 weeks in August, but she was booked up, so he booked Kingfisher instead. As far as i know, he was very impressed with them.

Lori. As far as I am concerned they are a very good yard to hire from Swallow was excellent, I would hire her again, but as Neil said she was booked for the weeks we wanted this August so we have hired Kingfisher from them instead. Really friendly personal service with well maintained and clean boats. I am going to try and get Swallow again for next year, nice sized boat for two that really handles well. Good fuel consumption. Book direct for best price. Give them a go. We tried them after reading Neil's posts on his holiday on Swallow.