Share in AF43 Diamond for sale

There is a share for sale in Lightning a 6/7 berth 43ft AF Diamond based at Broom's in Brundall.

The share is 4 weeks a year and is priced at £6,000 but the owner will consider offers.

Spare weeks are sometimes available (usually out of season) although there has been a spare week taken this summer. The only cost for spare weeks is a turn round fee of about £50 plus the normal weekly fuel, pump out and cleaning charges. 

This boat has an aircraft of 6'10" so normally passes Wroxham and Beccles but not Potter Heigham bridges.

The syndicate is self managed which keeps the annual running costs down.

For further information please contact Roy Webster:

0161 748 0770

07884 090999 (text only)

webntweb@btconnect.com

• Like 1

Hi donnygeoff

Looking back through my bank details I have worked out that our annual running cost for 2013-14 was £1160 per 4 week share*.

If you took all four weeks pump outs would be £88 (two toilets), End of cruise interior cleaning £160 (but you can do it yourself if you wish). This is a total of c£1410.

The equivalent hire boat Herbert Woods' Beam of Light is £1528 for a peak season week. So in effect you get 4 weeks for the price of one. The only other expense is fuel which you would have to pay for with a hire boat anyway.

Car parking is included.

*I will confirm the annual running cost when I hear from our treasurer.

As Matt says in the previous post the shares do seem to hold their value and sometimes increase slightly. This is probably because the cost of new boats is always increasing which has a knock on effect on the value of older boats especially if they are maintained to a good standard.

best regardss

Roy

• Like 1

Thanks Matt, just one point; although there isn't a damage waiver to pay as such, owners are responsible for an insurance excess of (£350 I think). A rare occurrence because with the boat being your own owners look after their asset.

I have had shares in Broads boats and canal boats continually for about 12 years and can only remember one case of somebody having to pay the excess.

Roy

• Like 1

Our excess is £300 but £450 if double moored and there is a claim.

I think the management fee (or owners share yearly fee) at £1160 is quite reasonable for a four week share.

The management fee for Ranworth Breeze has been £700, £500 and £600 for 2014 for our two weeks share.

Like Lightning the only items that have to be paid for is fuel, pump outs and boat cleaning (again owners can do this themselves, unless it is out of season I do this myself).

Cleaning a boat inside and outside can take up 3 hours (for my sins I get to do the outside).

When we hire narrow boats each year we always tend to mop the side of the boat that is moored up, keeping at it all week saves time at the handover and I like a clean boat, brass cleaner is part of our narrow boat kit.

Regards

Alan

Hi Andy,

I would think their contract would not allow for part of the share being sold.

Unless you are retired or live very close to Brundall I think in normal circumstances it would be difficult to take all of the four weeks.

Our Sister vessel Southern Crusader shares can be bought in single  weeks, their syndicate works by buying the set week (it may change over a period of years to bring the week back into line with regards of the calendar).

A number of people we have shown around Ranworth Breeze have bought into the Southern Crusader Syndicate because they are keen fishermen. Each to their own.

Regards

Alan

Hi Andy,

Apologies for delay in replying as I am in sunny (well it was yesterday) Blackpool for a few days.

I think one of the Broads boats managed by BCBM has some half (two week) shares which do come up for sale occasionally. Probably would be worth having a word with Andrew who you can contact through their website.

Regards

Roy

Looking at the figures, it would not be in my interest to have a share in a boat.

I hire from Richardsons and go for the "value" boats. I have not paid more than £500 per week for the last 6 years. Also we have a Cornwall holiday (my daughter loves the beaches) so I would never be able to have 4 weeks on board, so looks like Clive will be happy to keep a customer.

Thanks for all of the info, I am sure others have found it interesting as well.

:Stinky