Hi everyone

Hi there

I'm new here and just wanted to say hello

As a family we have been coming to the Broads since the late 70s where we hired many boats including Brooms Navigators, Cherry Willow from Wiillow Craft and Compass Viscount from Compass Craft ( we were I think the second hirers of the Viscount) and if I'm correct, understand that Richardsons now own this boat.

For several reasons we didn't hire for some years ( I just recently realised that it was an all too long 26 years) although we did holiday in Norfolk many times over this time.

In April this year we returned bringing mum who is now 83 hiring Forth Bridge 1 from Bridge Craft in Acle and had an amazing time, within minutes of getting back on board the magic had returned and it felt like we'd never been away.

At the end of the week mum said she had enjoyed it so much she could stay another week. On our return home we checked the brochures and websites and booked straight away for next April on Silver Elegance from Silverline Marine in Brundall.

After Watching Robin's excellent budget boat review and other videos we decided that next April was too long to wait and have booked Magic Gem (because the layout suits our needs) from Richardsons for September.

I think the bug has well and truly bitten again, we are counting the days.

David

• Like 1

Hello David,

Welcome to the forum from Tan & myself.

Silverline is a very good yard, friends of mine have hired boats from them for a number of years, Richardson's give great value and most yards are giving loyalty discounts, if they don't advertise the fact it costs nothing to ask.

If you have caught the Broads bug that will be the end of any spare cash you once had.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi David

A very warm welcome from me also, you won't go far wrong with Richardsons,top yard and boats in my opinion. We have hired Clear Gem similar to Magic Gem I believe, a slight difference in the layout but smashing boat for what you pay

Grace

• Like 1

Hi David and welcome,

I hired last September, Silver Harmony at Silverline, as Alan said you wont go wrong there.

I am sure your Mum will be delighted to get back again soon. My dear Mum enjoyed the Broads also. Happy cruising later this year.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1