Rear view from Bathtub

8ft at Wroxham? - Well I spose it is possible but I've not seen that much clearance.

There was more airdraft than I normally see, very little wind and boat traffic so conditions were just about perfect for me to 'Have a go'

From memory the guage would have been showing around 7ft 2" or there abouts. 'B.A' requires 6ft5" to be safe, in normal configuration.  6ft5" or more and I can take her through PHB all day long with a whole 1" to spare.

Removing a few other items which involves a screwdriver I can get her down to 6ft3" meaning I could go with a bridge gauge showing 6ft4" giving me a whole 1" margin which is my personal safety margin.

Here's another one

Griff

• Like 1

Meanwhile, regarding the original subject of the available view from the helm of a "bathtub", I am assuming that the vessel in question has the traditional configuration with the helm on the port side. 

As you are well aware the main areas of visibility are the side, if you stick your head out of the window, or the top if you stand up high looking over the sliding roof. This can best be described  by remembering that if you are in a bathtub the main view is Top  And  Port  Side.

I am so sorry about that!

• Like 1

stick yer head ooot or the window yer lazy buggers ........

spend two  secs orf that heated helm seat ,have a look then yar knaw yer rite ......

SIMPLES ............................................................................

enjoy ................................

I wish it was, Jon!

Unfortunately our helm seat backs directly onto the continuation of the galley work-top (now why can't I find a pic?). And the forward sliding window slides back not beside the helm, but behind it. To reach it you have to lean over the worktop..... just not possible to then easily reach the controls from that position unless you're young or a contortionist!    :roll:

We have booked a Magic Gem for the end of the month and after watching Robin's videos decided to get one of these cameras. (Sold for busses & lorries on ebay)

It came with long cables so I have it wired with a lighter plug fitted. I've managed to fit everything into a small case so it's all together with a roll of tape

I tested it from the car supply and all looks well

It cost around £40.00

I'll let you know how it works out when we come back

David

• Like 1

Hi John,

I had the same problem as you on Silver Harmony last year with the seating position. The old body aint as flexible these days lol

cheers Iain.

Ian, even with my knuckle-grazing arms, it just ain't possible to look out of that window and steer at the same time! Yes I can see out a bit if I open the canopy, but not if it's raining!