I need your opinion.

MBA Marine

I could well imagine that being ideal on a warm day to explore the quieter reaches above Wroxham Bridge. 

It certainly is no Edwardian Launch - but none the less there is something that I feel is classic about it, so without the red and white awning - in its place something more natural  I'd think it would do ok.

I think it would depend where it is... my gut feeling would be you may see interest on the upper reaches... as its really a slow sightseeing boat but I suspect it would have a limited market though (i.e I doubt any younger crowd would hire it).. 

If this boat was available for day hire, do you think it would be popular? 

It would appeal to me, on a nice sunny day, somewhere like Hickling or Barton.

I think it would be more risky commercially than the more common dayboat design with the open rear cuddy.

They offer much more protection in case of rain and wind.

Maybe the proof is there, with the  fact that all the Broads dayboat fleets  follow the basic cuddy cabin design, or are open dinghies.

Presumably it's what the Punters want, 

( and they don't seem to want those here either :) ).......

Loving the picnic basket idea, you could have the whole package in the price of the hire, strict instruction the helmsman must not drink alcohol (more bubbly for the lady), of course it would depend on the cost of all of this and if people are prepared to pay for it but I for one wouldn't turn down a romantic trip on the river.

My brother proposed to his now wife on salhouse Broad in a rowing dinghy he hired while on holiday at sunset she was bowled over by it. Perhaps silly ideas but maybe worth some thought

Iain, what's wrong with buck fizz from Aldis. cheers

Sorry MBA, but in my experience the answer has to be no. In a previous life I used to be employed to hire out day boats.  We had four electric Frolics - similar "Edwardian" style to the one photographed - with stem to stern roof.  The hirers only took a Frolic when all the other boats had been let and there was nothing else left. They would probably let better on the Thames.

The hirers only took a Frolic when all the other boats had been let and there was nothing else left.  They would probably let better on the Thames.

I worked on the Thames and we had the same issue.  They were a pain to get out of for the locks as well.