Electric Coolbox

CooWee

Afternoon,

I have not long got back from Aldi after twice walking into a Lidl, I really must start looking at the labels properly. :unsure:

The point is they have a 30 litre capacity electric coolbox for sale for £39.99.  It works off the mains as well as 12 volt.  A company called Go Outdoors is selling a 33 litre capacity electric coolbox with four wheels for £109.99, reduced from £130 if you have a discount card.  Somehow I do not think four wheels and a extra 3 litres are worth 70 quid. :shocked The coolbox is shown on the Aldi website and I believe it is one of these "once it's gone it's gone" offers.

Keith :)

• Like 1

It possibly is a bit on the small side John, but with everything else including dog, sleeping bags and all the rest of the paraphernalia, it is about as big as I can manage.  I also see it supplementing the boat fridge which has a small freezer just about big enough for a bag of ice for the vodka and tonics or bloody Marys, which I happen to like. ice slice

Someone described loading and unloading the car, the boat as like moving house, a fairly accurate analogy in my view. cheers

• Like 2

It possibly is a bit on the small side John, but with everything else including dog, sleeping bags and all the rest of the paraphernalia, it is about as big as I can manage.  I also see it supplementing the boat fridge which has a small freezer just about big enough for a bag of ice for the vodka and tonics or bloody Marys, which I happen to like. ice slice

Someone described loading and unloading the car, the boat as like moving house, a fairly accurate analogy in my view. cheers

Which is why, I suspect, we bought an Alpha 35 just for the two of us! (And the dog, Jim, when he was alive).

It also allows us to entertain friends...  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

We did have them take the dish-washing machine out when we bought her...

"What shall we do with the space, when we've taken it out?"

"Make it into a large drinks-cupboard, please!"

ice slicecheersbarcheers

• Like 2

Hi folks,

We bought one about 7 years at Aldis for £29.00 It has been used many times in Premier Inns, Travelodge and yes even on a boat. The only thing we add is a couple of ice blocks on the base to help speed up the cooling process. We can plug the 12volt plug in the boot of our car so very handy indeed. It is a bit heavier than your normal cool box.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1