local knowledge

steve&jax

Hi All

We are planning to come "south" for a few days starting next Saturday but have now hit a problem. Due to a bereavement will have to return home on the Thursday 17/7/14 for the funeral. This means that we will have to travel back to Kent on the Wednesday and return again to the boat on the Friday. Our car will be at Womack where we moor. Does anybody know of a place we can leave the boat for a couple of days safely whilst we are away and also a cheapish way of getting from where we leave the boat to pick up the car and drop it back off on our return?

Any ideas would be gratefully received

cheers

Steve

Thinking along the same lines as John,  why not see if one of the marinas in Brundall have a visitor mooring, or one that`s not occupied that they could let you use for a night or two?.

If i lived up there, i`d taxi you myself, but then Dorset is already far enough away.

Eastwoods may be able to help too..

I highly recommend all abroad taxis (http://www.allabroadprivatehire.co.uk/) we used them when we last came up from Brundall to Horning.. nice little independent family company, just starting up too, good prices, appears to travel all over broandlands. I called ahead and he was waiting at the boatyard.. Highly recommended/

Just as a reminder..... Eastwoods of Brundall have been taken

over by Barnes Brinkcraft and is undergoing a major

redevelopment at the moment but they do not intend(at this time)

to have berths to rent.

It will be for the sole use of boat sales now that Brooms are

taking all their sales back in house.

Hi Marina. I presume you are moored on the entrance dyke then?

We overnighted there on 6th June(but in the marina) with permission

from Matthew as we moor with them in Wroxham.

We did that as we  were meeting up with friends on the Saturday

who were hiring from Silverline.

Chris Prior was still working away and looked shocked when we

came in but we know him anyway so had a laugh  :grin:

• 2 years later...

Just to let you know in case you need a reliable and competitive taxi service we used  All Abroad  taxis of Potter Heigham to bring 4 of us back last Saturday 22nd from our annual dinner in Reedham to Sutton Staithe for the excellent price of £35.   The owner Rupert even rang me two days before to confirm the details hadn't changed from my origonal booking. Another local firm had quoted £53 !                       Contact info numbers are:- 01692 670058 or 07754327388,owner Rupert Atkinson

Boycee

:bow

• Like 3