Sweet Kingfisher back on the river

Hello All, at last we will be back out on the river. Graham at Maffett has repaired our poor girl. So this Saturday we will bring her up from Loddon to Brundall. We can't wait. So far we have only been out on her in May, when we went up to Horning for the boat show. Graham has told us we have a new boat there. Roll on Friday / Saturday. If you are down at Loddon on Friday look out for us. We will be flying our NBN Burgees on our journey back on Saturday.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky   

That also means that its ready for our holiday.. (Although its been cut to a week now) We will be out 19th July for a week so wave if you see us! We will be all over the place though.. 

Graham has worked really hard. :trophy .

It seems it was overheating due to blocked heat exchangers (the hydraulic was the worse) and an incorrect prop causing the engine to labour.. He also found a leak (which we kinda knew about considering the pumps where always running but we thought the stuffing box was just dry), which was caused by a long story (hireboaters grounded it somehow!) lol!

But its good its back and all fixed!  :party1:

Mum please dont forget to leave the flag pole I/you brought, I'll put it on the front rail when we are up there. :P

It's meant to go on the bow though.. But yes I've the yacht club burgee too which is black with a picture of a thames barge on it.. I'll also be driving properly (unless I'm drunk) so we will be easy to spot lol!

Hi Marina, we haven't booked anything yet due to work commitments but hoping for some time in October.

You most definitely are a good old mum and dad, I wished my parents owned a boat on the Broads, I think Alan should buy you a nice bunch of flowers and some chocolates for that holiday lol

Grace

Lol Grace they don't need any encouragement!

Unfortunately they only got this one last year so we haven't used that much.. but I hope its good that we do use it as it gets more value from it.. although this maybe the last time we use as we should have our cruiser ready for easter! Although still looking forward to a week again...

• Like 1

Hello Moderator, we will only be on the boat till Sunday, but we will be on her for the first two weeks of September. Then we take her up onto north river for the first week and then the second week on south river. We have another weekend the first weekend of August.

Grace, its funny to see Alan and the boat on the web cams at Wroxham and Oulton when he has the boat.

Roll on Friday / Saturday. :) 

Regards

Iain.. I'll be a good boy.. promise!  two guns  :River Police

Alan we are up there 19th/26th though so look out for us :)

Grace it's even funnier sending her a message from geldeston and reading her replies.. considering the boat only has a couple of inches spare under beccles bridge at normal low tide lol.. Hopefully we will stay down there for one night this time (Unless it rains... I will be killed if I get it suck on that tiny stretch all summer!)...

Ha ha, best not get stuck up there then, if your mum's anything like me the boats more important than just someone she gave birth to once :naughty:

Only kidding, my boy's are the love of my life but boats come a close second lol and anyway if you were killed who else am I going to tease

Grace

• Like 1

Iain.. I'll be a good boy.. promise!  two guns  :River Police

Alan we are up there 19th/26th though so look out for us :)

Grace it's even funnier sending her a message from geldeston and reading her replies.. considering the boat only has a couple of inches spare under beccles bridge at normal low tide lol.. Hopefully we will stay down there for one night this time (Unless it rains... I will be killed if I get it suck on that tiny stretch all summer!)...

Alan you could always fill the bilges to lower the boat under the bridge at Beccles if stuck! :naughty:

Will read about your obituary in the EDP...Mother two guns son for dropping her boat right in it!

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Ok you lot. Please don't encourage Alan it won't take much. We have waited all this time to get the boat repaired, so I want to enjoy her for the rest of this season without having to spend out more money. By the way Alan you want a week of peace and quite on our babe.

Bring on the weekend and let the sun shine  :kiss .

Everyone have a great weekend.

Regards

• Like 2

Hello Grace, we have just had a great weekend on Sweet Kingfisher and the weather yesterday ( Saturday ) was very hot. We got a good tan. Boat is great. Graham at Maffett has done a wonderful job on her. The only thing is today we had got 30 mins away from Brundall, when I noticed I had not put my rings on and they were on the boat, so we had to turn around and head back to Brundall.

Alan will have a good week next week on the boat. :roll:  

The broads was busy over the weekend and lots of new boat went out yesterday from Brundall.

Oh well back to work tomorrow.

Regards

• Like 1

Hello Grace, oh yes we cruised from Loddon to Reedham for lunch at the ship and then cruised slowly back to Brundall and it was so warm. We got a good tan from it.

Alan is having her from Saturday and then we are back up 1st August just for the weekend, then our main two week hols for the first 2 weeks of September. 

Have you booked any hols up on the broads yet?

Regards

Marina    :Stinky

No, not booked anything yet, it's going to be all last minute this year I'm afrad due to work and family commitments, we were hoping to have a couple of breaks but just hasn't worked out how we planned. We will get there eventually though

Grace